You can type here any text you want

do you think these head gaskets are still good

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
pic

pic

Attachments

• IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 269
they should be fine.. just overlap the "rings" and put a dab of JB weld on them to seal them :cool:

Let me guess.........ROL head gaskets???:confused: The ROL gaskets do NOT have the wire back-up fire ring. Do NOT use ROL head gaskets on your car..........EVER! 8441 Fel-Pro's do have the fire ring. Or factory gaskets do, too. Cometics or some like the RJC deal. I do not have any personal experience with RJC gaskets, but have used dual factory steel shim gaskets back about 15 years ago. I blew those, too. :p But, I use to change head gaskets like most people change radio stations. Back in the "beginning", we didn't have anything except 30lb. injectors. (those were the days:mad: )

do you think these head gaskets are still good

I think your in luck;) ...

It looks like they "only" blew out into the lifter valley. To hold the compression in the engine, you'll want to seal off your crank case breather holes with JB Weld. Drive some large framers nails through the perimeter of the PCV grommet to wedge it in extra tight and keep your PCV valve from launching into a low Earth's orbit. If you've got a engine tie down strap, unhook it from the alt. and attach it to the dipstick, so as to prevent it from shooting through your hood and, skewering any rare birds that may be flying over head at the time. (The Tree Huggers get all pissy when this happens). Also, to keep them happy about exhaust smoke, you'll want to reroute your down pipe back to your compressor intake. Make sure it's hooked up tight, with no leaks to help with turbo spool. At this point, you should be "good to go":) .

Let us know how it turns out.

Mike B.

Mike B.,
You break me up! Thanks for a good laugh.
Conrad

Back