Does anyone know what model are these American racing rims?

KITT1983

The Knight Rider
Does anyone know what model are these American racing rims?
IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

I think they are ARE's from around 1987-1993
they are a two piece style with the center cap screwing on.

my center caps wont hold on in the front

I need to new center caps or fix the ones I have.

I Turn one quarter turn and the cap comes off
does anyone have these center caps or ones that would fit? I don't care if they are a different design.

awesome thanks for giving me hope

I was told that they made by american racing in the late 1980's

Boy, I can't remember the model number of those wheels- They have been discontinued about 15+ years. You could get the centers in silver, black and gold.

The first set of wheels that I sold when I worked at my previous job was a set of those in gold on a Ford Aerostar.

John

Are 398

I have the same rims on my GN. They are actually a 3 piece rim. 2 rim halves, bolted to the center piece.

I got a couple center caps from wheelcollison.com probably 3-4 years ago. I think I paid about $85 for 2 caps. They actually list a black set 16"x7' for sale on their web. Wheel Collision Center Factory OEM Factory Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Sale/Specials - Wheel Sales & Wheel Repair/Refinishing Experts - July 2010 Monthly OE Wheel Rim Specials - Discounted Pricing - Best Prices on Selected Overstock and Specialty Wheels.

I actually have stretch wrap around the treads on some of my centercaps to make them fit tighter.

Hope that helps.

David
87GN

I have the same rims on my GN. They are actually a 3 piece rim. 2 rim halves, bolted to the center piece.

I got a couple center caps from wheelcollison.com probably 3-4 years ago. I think I paid about $85 for 2 caps. They actually list a black set 16"x7' for sale on their web. Wheel Collision Center Factory OEM Factory Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Sale/Specials - Wheel Sales & Wheel Repair/Refinishing Experts - July 2010 Monthly OE Wheel Rim Specials - Discounted Pricing - Best Prices on Selected Overstock and Specialty Wheels.

I actually have stretch wrap around the treads on some of my centercaps to make them fit tighter.

Hope that helps.

David
87GN

thanks this is my rim but a 16inch rim

ARE 398 BBS 3 Piece Crosslace Mesh BMW 5x120 Mercedes 5x112 Wheels Rims, Wheel Collision Center - Contact Page and E-Mail Form

AREtype398.jpg

they are from 1991 that is the same year as the pioneer that was in the KARR when I bought it.

these are american racing rims but they are BBS clones