You can type here any text you want

Does Gbodyparts still make 3.5 MAF pipe in gray?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
OH, and BTW, ya'll will need one of these http://www.racepartsolutions.com/products.asp?cat=38 to couple the pipe to the turbo.
Guys if you can help support Darin at Race Parts solutions it would be appreciated. We have been working with Darin since 1999 & carry all his silicone, t-bolts, Oil feed lines for 84-5 , 86-7, Custom length drain lines, vacuum line kits, etc. He has spent a lot of time with us & keeps alot of Turbo Buick specific parts in stock. As he may not be a paying sponsor on the board he has done his share to keep pricing down to help all of us out. He takes the time when I call or e-mail about something needed & takes it serious where other companies would blow it off as to low of a count to mess with. So if your going to buy parts & IF it's a few bucks more it is because he stocks the parts we use. I just placed a $900 order with him & he had 99% of my count in stock. A few hoses on back order. But he sent what he had.

I spoke to Thomas today & he should have these ready by Monday at the latest. We will leave them plain & let you decide if you want any coatings, Hoses, & clamps.

Joe it was nice speaking with you today.

Got my 3.5" pipe at G-Body too. Awesome piece and the best service!

Motor3.jpg

Not sure why but whenever BWR is mentioned everybody goes silent... I wanted to get a 3.5 inch intake as well...

There wasn't anything special about our pipes other than they were made by hand on a car and the welds were ground down smooth. Anyone with welding experience and access to the welds could make one in about an hour.

The trick is finding the aluminum cheaper than automotive places sell it. I was buying it from a place that made a system for moving grain around. They sold aluminum tubing for about 1/4 of what SPD and those places sell bends for. Even the cheap places like RPS couldnt compete with the price I was buying stuff for.

Id love to write up a post about what happened at BWR but it would upset a lot of people if I named names. Maybe one of these nights Ill get drunk and do so. I will say that what happened there and my departure has pretty much soured me on Buicks and the automotive performance industry in general. Shane is my brother to the death tho so it doesnt have anything to do with him.

hello; JC you make it sound like welding thin alum. tube is childs play. But I know better and it takes practice and talent. Also making it look invisable is majic.
IBBY

hello; JC you make it sound like welding thin alum. tube is childs play. But I know better and it takes practice and talent. Also making it look invisable is majic.
IBBY

I dont weld so I have no idea. Making it look invisible just involves a grinder and a sander. Plus the aluminum we used wasnt that thin and we had a really nice welder.

hello; I did get mine for a Buick a few weeks ago and mentioned it in another thread. I did have to clean up the ID welds as it wasn't ground. I like it and I hope it fits. I could of got it painted but IMO it wouldn't look like the one in the earlier pics. I got it plain and if it fits it'll get coated. It is on there site.
IBBY

Back