Door guard strips!! removal???? how do you guys do it???

RUQWKNF27

I want to remove the strips down the middle of the doors an on the fender an rear panels, what is the best way???? I have heard use fishing line to peel them off th en use goo gone an let it sit then wipe the adhesive off... BUt will not the goo gone hurt the clear coat??? What have you guys found that best????? Thanks>>>>>

the googone should not hurt the clear coat. I used on my truck to take the dealer stickers off. Not a fan of free advertising..:D

3M Adhesive Remover and a thin blade, preferrably of plastic. The door guards are held on with a gray scammer adhesive, not the foam stuff on the other emblems. Soak liberally with the 3M and let it sit and then work a thin blade behind the trim strips. Repeat as necessasry.

The 3M stuff won't hurt the paint and makes a great tar remover to boot.

The guy that took mine off used a heat gun and some fishing line to get started and they came right off. Don't know what he used to get the adhesive off.
Tarey D.

Yeah.................I did that to my prior Buick. I used a Hair dryer and a little 3M adhesive remover. It worked well.