Down Pipe Question

ONLYAV6

What is the best down pipe?
Were can I buy one? I heard the the THDP is the best were can I check one out.

Thanks Patrick

Stay away from g-body's and any vendor selling it.Unless they have fixed the problem, this DP hits the frame and bolt holes don't line up. At least 4 of us that I know of have had this problem. I'd buy from Anderson Performance. They don't sell junk.
Gary

Stay away from g-body's and any vendor selling it.Unless they have fixed the problem, this DP hits the frame and bolt holes don't line up. At least 4 of us that I know of have had this problem. I'd buy from Anderson Performance. They don't sell junk.
Gary

I'm sure your experience and opinion are valid but I must say that my G-Body downpipe fit like a glove with plenty of clearance all around. Excellent downpipe IMO.

My car come with a downpipe I belive it is an atr but iam not sure. Any whay I can tell? Sorry for hijacking the thread :eek:

I'm sure your experience and opinion are valid but I must say that my G-Body downpipe fit like a glove with plenty of clearance all around. Excellent downpipe IMO.

Maybe they sold a better product when you bought yours.
Gary

I agree with under pressure. I bought one from Red Armstrong a few months back and the fit is excellent. Doesn't interfere with anything Im very happy overall.

Gary

I've had downpipes from 4 different manufacturers and have to say that my G-body parts was one of the nicest ones that I've had. I'm sorry to hear that you've had troubles with yours.
Kevin

Gary

Lets Please not get off topic here :cool: . GARY you should have just posted that you like anderson's performance downpipe and you didnt care for the fit of the gbodyparts dp :biggrin: . There was no need to come in here bashing someone where there is other sections for that when someone was just asking what dp is the best :D . I like ATR Downpipes and i also like Terry H. downpipes myself :biggrin:

There are a number of people who now have had trouble with the G-body DP. I don't doubt that at one time at least they sold a good product. Lucky for you. No matter what, G-body has problems right now. Enough complaints are now out there to know there is a problem. "Onlyav6", who started this thread, has two choices. He can pay G-body or his vendors $400 and cross his fingers (good luck Onlyav6). Forget getting it taken care of btw if it's screwed. Or he can buy from another vendor who hasn't recieved a lot or any complaints. Can anyone name a single vendor whose DP wouldn't bolt up with the puck correctly oreintated and laid against the frame as does at least some of G-body's. I may be wrong but I doubt one, other than G-body can be named. A DP isn't rocket sicence, it ether fits or doesn't. Well, Onlyav6, it's time for a command decision. What's it going to be.
Gary

Lets Please not get off topic here :cool: . GARY you should have just posted that you like anderson's performance downpipe and you didnt care for the fit of the gbodyparts dp :biggrin: . There was no need to come in here bashing someone where there is other sections for that when someone was just asking what dp is the best :D . I like ATR Downpipes and i also like Terry H. downpipes myself :biggrin:

Don't think I'm bashing as much as telling it like it actually was, but whatever. If I were asking a question about a certain part and it's known by those who bought it to be defective, I would want to know. Onlyav6 did ask about a "Good DP" and I guess people can play a word game and say that he didn't ask if there were any bad ones, so there is no need to disclose that info. But I think he has a right to know the good with the bad. What's wrong with that? G-body can come on here and misrepresent his part without complaint. How about asking him to stop that. I like it when the heat is turned up in the kitchen!
Gary

I bought a Gbodyparts.com downpipe 2 months ago, I have not installed it in my car yet, as my engine is sitting in my basement waiting on my procrastinating butt to put it in my 84.

HOWEVER............

I won't lie, your post made me nervous as hell, especially since I threw another $150.00 getting it custom ceramic coated with all my other exhaust pieces. So I just went down to check my puck alignment and thankfully it was centered right over the wastegate hole. I will update everyone as to the status of how it fits when I install it later this month. But for now I am past one hurdle. I will be honest with any direction it goes. I also have his stock location stretched intercooler, which I threw some more money into to get it powder coated without any test fitting. I'm optimistic both will fit though, my car is in good shape and I have seen both installed and looking good on various cars at Brians old shop in PA. Wish me luck.

Brent

Sounds like we bought them at the same time. Congrats if yours is good. The problem I had was with there FMIC. Good luck with your project.
Gary

Sounds like we bought them at the same time. Congrats if yours is good. The problem I had was with there FMIC. Good luck with your project.
Gary

The problem you have is that your installing on a wrecked vehicle.Stop bitching & post the pics of your IC off center & South East turbos down pipe rubbing the inner fender.

I'd be cautious if you have an ATR DP because I had one and twice the wastegate puck "froze" leaving me with runaway boost. I sent it back, they installed a "looser" fitting puck and viola... it stuck again!!!!

If you have an ATR downpipe, every so often, remove the rod on the turbo and move it to see if it moves freely. Paul