drag radials vs et drags vs. prasads

DR BOOST

Technical advisor
anybody out there running prasad dot slicks? i raced anothercar with similar mods and he was able to leave with 19psi of boost! This is the second time im seeing these tires and im ready to get a set once i find em. Those things must be at least 29x12x15. If anyone has any experience with prasad supersports please chime in. i notice these are getting real popular in the street racing scene.

surej

Man Prasad's are phatty...one guy came up to me at a stop light...i believe he was 28 and had super pros banging....man he took off like a bat out of hell. I needs to get some.

Hey......I heard about those slicks, are they "too legit to quit" on the streets?? Or they simply the Hammertime of all slicks??

im gettin ready to order some today, i heard they come in 3 sizes 295/50 315/50 and 375 50! people are getting 1.3 sixty foots and are able to drive home on em? they want 112 per tire...is that good?

surej

I have been running Prasad's over 10 years, They look and hook great, I have been pulling 1.5's to 1.6's 60' time.they are great on the street also good in the rain and even in snow. I will never buy anything else. I am hooked on Prasads.

wtf .....i just did an internet search and nothing came up about any tires...is that what they are really called....and does anyone have a link to a site that sells them?

Hi All, either we are all missing the question, or I'm just missing the answer concerning the prasads tire. Where does one GET these tires ????? Thanks TAZ

:D Yeah, I seen a set on a fellow T-type, didnt get his name though, He shot out of the hole like he was John Force. And they are good for the street!?? I gotta get me a set, how much, and do they fit on the stock rim and wheel well? And where can i get em!!!?

Scott

:D YES!!! I JUST GOT A SET FOR 250.00 GOT AHOLD OF A DEALER OUT IN CALIFORN EYE AY! SUPPOSEDLY THE GUY SAYS THEY ARE MADE OF 20% SILCON, 79% RUBBER AND 1% GELATIN. WHY IN THE H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS DIDNT I FIND THESE EARLIER? 1% GELATIN? BILL COSBY MUST BE PROUD. J-E-L-L-O

SCOTT

Hmmm.. The only guy I know running prasad's wasnt actually known for good 60' times. Think he was one of those big a$$ turbo guys who had about 5 seconds of lag after he hit it. But I do know that they took the car to the track and launched at 15#'s of boost with slicks and only ran .010 sec faster than they did with his prasad streets.
Ill stick with my ET drags for now. I got a big race with some Eddie Munster looking dude and Ill need all the help I can get.

HTH: Uncle Fester

my boy has got a set o prasads

:cool: My buddy has got a set and basically they are mickey ET drags recapped with a goodyear aquatread pattern and a no. 3 compound. Thus explaining the great all weather capabilities. They also have the wrinkle sidewall. They are the closest thing to an all out drag slick. they are not dot approved but the tread patern keeps the law at bay. I really dont know how long they last because the only guy I know who has them keeps breaking parts every time he launches with them. I told him it would be cheaper if he takes them off the car. The bottom line is that they look mean as hell on the car.:eek:

Prasad Fat Trax Tires

I am currently using prasad 28x8.5 dot fat trax, they are better than the m/t sportsman pro that I had before. The m/t wore out in less than one season and my car does not weigh have as much as a regal. But these prasad fat trax grip well and seem to last forever, I think I can go about ten years with this set. I don't however like the
handling of them, one time I almost ended up in the other lane at the track. The front runners don't seem to match either. I purchased the whole set at a local
place that all the imports go to. A lot of VR4 and S2000 are running with prasad tires they seem to make all different sizes. As far as I know they are made
overseas and imported in, they should work well for a regal. It works for me and I'm just running a lonely old beetle and "I'll race anybody out here", just
kidding.

Hey Buickbeetle. Do you have any pictures of your Buick Beetle hybred conversion? I would like to see that. Also what sort of times do you get with that thing? Also where did you place the Intercooler and Radiator in that small bug?

I've got a motorcycle, wanna trade?