Driveshaft broke while on the Dyno....

Sounds like you should have turned the car around and drove it right back to them. Too late to blame them. They will just say it's your problem now.

i have the hole corner of a block here that snapped off when the driveshaft turned itself into a 2peice at speed the force was amazing just snapped the block like a peice of cheese when it tried to pull the gearbox clean off the rear of the engine ide be going over every part of the engine and trans with a fine tooth comb looking for fractures and such

23 yrs in the automotive field I've never ever seen that happen do to a drive shaft but you never know sorry to here about that:eek:

Honestly I had not put enough miles on the car to really notice until I was driving the car to the dyno. It hit maybe 50mph tops driving back from the shop and it wasn't as noticeable as the vibration at 70+ but I could tell it wasn't like it was before the work was done. Then the car sat for a month in the garage and the next time it was driven was to the dyno and that is when I really noticed it but I never expected this to happen.

I didn't suggest something in the trans broke...Too many trips past critical speed on a 20 y/o shaft. Add in the vibration, and it's toast.

My bad Chuck my brain has just been rattled since before this happened and this just added to it.

Same thing happened to my wagon on the dyno, broke right about the center of the shaft. I had to pull the governor out to put the spring back in that had popped out. I also had to replace the tailshaft bushing and seal that were damaged when the DS yoke went spinning wildly after the shaft broke.

which is exactly why I steer clear of the dyno when its in motion. ya never know.....

Well I finally got an opportunity to pull the trans and asses more of the damage and for the most part the floor pan held up well just a few dents and dings from the driveshaft smacking around down there. For the most part the safety loop did its job. The exhaust is hosed about the only useable part left is the mufflers and tail pipes (anyone want 3" in/out Magnaflows let me know ;) ). The rear yoke was ripped off on one side. It appears the transmission took the brunt of the damage....I will let the pics speak for themselves.

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

DSCN0182.jpg

DSCN0183.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg

DSCN0185.jpg

:(