You can type here any text you want

Dropped my digital camera

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnxtc2

Staff member
I turn my camera on which extends the lense and placed it on the counter in the garage. I open the hood and proceed to pick up the camera. As I pick up the camera, the strap gets hooked around a drawer knob and it gets pulled out my hand. It falls to the ground causing the lense to break/pop off.

What's a good camera to buy these days?

If possible, I want something that doesn't have a delay when you press the button. I don't like holding the button down 1/2 way for the action shots.

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Attachments

• IMG00084-20101203-1902.jpg
    IMG00084-20101203-1902.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,032
If they have them this year, I'm picking up one of those we saw real cheap at PRI last year.

If you want to get rid of the delay, you'll need a digital SLR camera. Bigger traditional 35mm looking rig.

My wife has an entry level Nikon D40 which has way more features than I know how to use. One thing I learned when I was researching cameras is don't get caught up in the mega pixel thing. More mega pixels doesn't mean it takes a better picture - only a bigger picture.

I just picked up a Canon Powershot SD1300 IS that shoots great photos! Would recommend, around $150 too!

I turn my camera on which extends the lense and placed it on the counter in the garage. I open the hood and proceed to pick up the camera. As I pick up the camera, the strap gets hooked around a drawer knob and it gets pulled out my hand. It falls to the ground causing the lense to break/pop off.

If possible, I want something that doesn't have a delay when you press the button. I don't like holding the button down 1/2 way for the action shots.

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Dumbass.....

I let my wife pick out a nikon d3000 for an early christmas present. Of course right after I bought it the prices went down:mad: She loves it. You can get one for under 500 if you look around.

Thanks

Billy T.

gnxtc2@aol.com

Thats not too bad... Nothing a little JB Weld wont fix.:)

Buy Namebrand, Test Ride in Store, NO Double AA Batteries

Buy Namebrand, Test Ride in Store, NO Double AA Batteries

The major problen with delay is the use of 4 Double AA Batteries, instead get the lithium-ion rechargeable...

any camera will eventualy break or get dirty from dropping it on the floor or ground, kinda like droppng cell phone in toilet, duct tape to your body...

The 1/2 way down IS for camera to focus...
storage and battery is what helps capture and keep shooting...
the size of pictures captured,
3 megapixel vs 11... some capture video in 1080 p, for under $400 with 4 MB memory card, I like smaller cards in case one breaks. how fast does pic transfer to card...

2 cards, 2 batteries, and one nice camera = great pics
cold weather, warm, cloudy, sunny, the badger game was COOLD, and battery went real quick... pics shot from row 60 end zone

I was checking out sony and nikon... you have seen my pics on GS NATIONALS .:. BUICK GSCA GS NATIONALS OFFICIAL WEB SITE. pics and videos (not deep sound like camcorder) but video usage switched to still photos is turning the knob on top,
you can become a professional for under $600 and you'll enjoy what you shoot... I am not professional, but blurry pics suck becuz of battery and/or storage to memory card

I am not saying this is THE CAMERA to buy but it sure does set the base to begin with... photos and videos... all in one, I have and use my camcorder for loud in your face sounds, but when I want pics and videos for daily driver use then this is my idea of a camera you need Billy T...
start here or shop around, I like the version by NIKON, but when I went to the store, th eproducts seem plastic and the back screen could be unique with swivel face place for viewing...
I like the layout of buttons, the power button,
eazy to turn on and off

SONY DSC HX-1 on sale now $349, was $399 last week.
uses lithium one single unit battery... buy 2nd for backup if needed.
as for warranty... they usually break after warranty expires, my focus button broke off, and warranty fixed it, but I DID NOT like the after warranty pictures so I am upgrading to a new camera... as mentioned in this thread.
Sony - Cyber-shot 9.1-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black - DSC-HX1

After you get a new camera, show us your new pics...

By the way, I shoot my pics in 3 m, good for up to 8x10 or lil bigger, great for computer, if you want better, increase picture size, 4 GB memory card shoots 2500 pics and up to 4 mins of video, you could shoot longer video up to length of memory card, but it is better to splice pics and videos together... using shorts bursts of information...

using my 3 year old sony camera check out gsnationals videos and pics...
2008, 2009, 2010

think of improved technology with 2010 sony or nikon camera

When I shoot pics or video I don't turn the video off, or stop recording, simply spin knob on top to pics and shoot, switch back to video, hit record... not sure if good or bad but it worked for me...

NOTE: I have a Digital SLR, a digital point and shoot with video, camcorder and cheapy $100 brand digital and the best most useful camera is my $400 namebrand that shoots still pics and videos... I can go to sport events, family and friend events, racing events, fly on plane, shoot pics from window seat in plane of downtown chicago, race in car, it does it all and you can see the results of your car on the trailer on home page of gs nationals while in the car looking thru my GN windshield at your car (Billy T)...

check out youtube videos: bawdesign user id...
gs nationals, packer games, wisconsin badgers 2010 70-23 win over NW,

Attachments

• DSC06594.jpg
    DSC06594.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC09884.jpg
    DSC09884.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC09882.jpg
    DSC09882.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC06770.jpg
    DSC06770.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC06772.jpg
    DSC06772.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 188
Those Wisconsin pictures wouldn't happen to be when Michigan State WHOOPED DAT A$$!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while

haha, funny Cal...

This Wisconsin Game was the last game vs Northwestern
SCORE 70-23, bucky badger does a push up for each point, every time Wisconsin scores... , the guys lift a platform above their head with Bucky on top as the student section and fans count the push ups...

gotta love the atmosphere at college games...
PUSH-UPS: 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, 56, 63, 70 = worn out bucky badger
and they could have scored AGAIN, yet knelt down...

ROSE BOWL 2011 - WISCONSIN BADGERS
when you say WIS... CON... SIN... YOU'VE SAID IT ALL!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-HsYNRRgTE[/YOUTUBE]

just having fun with you, Brent :D Enjoy the Rose Bowl because basketball season has already started :tongue:

who gets mad living in florida... lol often, always on vacation, on his cell

I know your having fun...
made me laugh 2 days in a row...

who the heck gets mad living in florida, no snow to shovel...

I just picked up a Canon Powershot SD1300 IS that shoots great photos! Would recommend, around $150 too!

Second that. Prices starting to drop. Purchased for wife for Christmas. Staples has on sale for 129.99 and returns $25.00 in rewards money. Camera has good ratings. We're using a earlier version powered by double a batteries. We're trying to get away from the double a batteries and convert to a camera with lithium-ion batteries. We also have an entry level Canon EOS SLR. Canon has a nice image stabilizer function.

I had a nice Sony Cybershot dsc t-70 untill last week when she washed my jacket with the camera in the pocket:eek: I bought another one off flea bay for a $109.00 that was barely used. I am no camera guy . but this thing take some nice pics. Not much of a zoom but I like it

Back