You can type here any text you want

Dyno day for Jacksonville area

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gwturbo

I am interested in setting up a dyno day with KDK in Orlando. I know Fireman Jim and Ken McLendon are intersted. Anyone else in the Northeast Fl area want to get in on it.

If we get Jim Yamnitz' new motor in his T-type, maybe he'll go. If I get a cash and time infusion, maybe my T-type will go. :) Call me and talk, Glenn...

what time frame are you looking at?...the weekend of the 6th and 12th of july are no good as that is my honeymoon, though the 12th i will be in orlando...but busy with metallica concert stuff going on :)

Dan: I don't have a time frame set. I am open to whatever works out best for all concerned.
Kendall: I will call you. Thanks, Glenn

id be interested in seeing what my KDK built motor would do....i hope this isnt soon though since i am having chip problems right now

I am trying to set it up for Jun 21 Sat. Jason, do you think you can work out the chip problems by then? Kevin coaches Basketball for his daughter and will be busy most Saturdays after that time.

im in! what are we lookin at for cost....i am thinking i would like to do 1-2 runs in street trim and a few in race trim to see if i can tune out some good #'s...

Originally posted by gwturbo
I am trying to set it up for Jun 21 Sat. Jason, do you think you can work out the chip problems by then? Kevin coaches Basketball for his daughter and will be busy most Saturdays after that time.

I dont know if i will have it ready by then or not....i have to send the chip back to caspers. It just went out yesterday.

I am in.I am not much over stock but the baseline should be interesting.;)

I spoke with Kevin today and it is a go for Jun 21. He wants to get started at 8:OO AM. I think we have either 5 or 6 that are going for sure. Maybe more. We can stagger the times if anyone wants to come a little later that way everyone would not have to wait 5 or 6 hours to get to their car. Of course that should be part of the fun to see what each car does. The price looks to be $75 for 3 pulls without major tuning. $150 for 3 pulls with major tuning including wide band O2 and Direct Scan data. I think Kevin really knows what he is doing and the dyno is supposed to be top notch. You will get a print out with all your data on it. Any questions, please let me know. Glenn

Kendall, are you gonna try to go with us?

Went to KDK today and put our cars on the dyno. Participants were Dan Boden, Tommy Noles, Cary West, Glenn West, Roy West and Jason Wilson with his Cobra Mustang. Im not real sure on some of these numbers but I think these are close.
Dan in street trim = 340 rwhp
Tommy race trim= 350 rwhp
Cary in race= 440 rwhp
Roy in race= 440 rwhp
Mustang= 470 rwhp
Glenn race 546 rwhp

Bad news is I discovered my crank has .007 fore and aft movement. Looks like thrust bearing again.

Glenn, awesome numbers! The thrust thing sucks, though. :-( Is that the same crank as last time or did you swap?

Cary's car put down some good #s as well..sounds like a fun time.

Kendall: Yes it is the same crank turned 10 under. I think we caught it early enough to just be able to put a new thrust bearing in it. I plan to send the converter to Precision to make sure it is OK. Hope it all works out.

Back