You can type here any text you want

Dyno tomorrow, guess my HP/TQ

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
AGREED narrow-bands SUCK! my first Dyno experience and i had my car tuned "a lil' rich [what i thought] to a safe 780-800mv - got a WB02 on at the Dyno place and too my surprise, the 780-800 equated a 9.X-10.X:1 AFR i lowered my fueling and gained an instant 30-40 HP. and still had a lot left in it.:eek:

I believe that's the situation I've got going on here. There was over a 20hp and torque gain between two of the runs where I adjusted the WOT fuel -10% and closed the cut-out, dropping boost from 25-26 to 23....still running pig rich. I really do think this car has A LOT more left in it with no changes but good tuning.

Good to know 61mph to avoid kick-down, thanks! No way to lock it in gear regardless of MPH? Don't know the converter slip %, and we didn't do a/f as it was just a few pulls for power, not tuning. Unfortunately can't afford a wideband or egt at the moment and will be working with what I have for a bit. I'll let you guys know how it goes at the strip this weekend, thanks for all the responses.

You can avoid kickdown by converting your vb to full manual. That is the only way it can be done.

FWIW, I picked up 4 mph going from a Translator plus to a MAF Pro (speed density), Wideband (Innovative LC-1 with an XD-16 gauge) and a power logger. Took me about 8 passes at the track to really get it dialed in.

I was so happy with the results, I doubt the car will ever go on a dyno.

Doug D

Update on this, May 2nd I was out in the Buick and noticed the transmission slip at WOT bad enough that it feels like it's falling on it's face. Car feels like a bogged launch that won't go anywhere once it hits boost:frown:. I did improve the tune a bit before then, running 27psi with much better o2s. Plan is to drop the car off at SE Turbo and get a rebuild in June, then try for some more numbers on the dyno and finally get to the track with a fresh transmission. Hoping for some much better numbers with this better tune and fresh transmission.

I wouldn't go to SE Turbo to buy a PCV valve..... unless your rich or your car is a Ford. I know a great tranny guy in Snellville that knows these trannies! PM me and I'll give you a number. I've had two built by him with no problems. Let me know and I'd like to hang out at the track with you sometime. Which one do you frequent?

Update on this, May 2nd I was out in the Buick and noticed the transmission slip at WOT bad enough that it feels like it's falling on it's face. Car feels like a bogged launch that won't go anywhere once it hits boost:frown:. I did improve the tune a bit before then, running 27psi with much better o2s. Plan is to drop the car off at SE Turbo and get a rebuild in June, then try for some more numbers on the dyno and finally get to the track with a fresh transmission. Hoping for some much better numbers with this better tune and fresh transmission.

Unless ur buying a PTS trannny from SE Turbo don't bother. I know someone that let them build his tranny and it did not last. Started sliding on the gear changes within a month.

Back