E85 and WB 02 Lambda numbers.

forget to mention, I beleive the TT chip is a open loop set-up, than what
would you do??

Ron

forget to mention, I beleive the TT chip is a open loop set-up, than what would you do??

Ron

Most likely you won't be able to do what I would do. However, if you have a NB sensor installed, can you data log that along with the WB? If you do this look for when the NB crosses stoich (450 mV). At that point the WB should be doing the same thing, moving either rich or lean of stoich.

This would be enough to tell if the two line up at that point. If they do line up then it would help or add to proving out that at least at that point the WB is correct.

If they don't line up, then I would suspect the WB being incorrect.

Another method of a sanity check is to install it in a stock vehicle. Even if the NB is pulled to install the WB. It will stay in open loop and will for the most part be on the rich side. With WOT guaranteed to be on the rich side.

RemoveBeforeFlight

forget to mention, I beleive the TT chip is a open loop set-up, than what
would you do??

Ron

I'm no expert on the TT chips, but it should have some provision for setting fuel delivery (tuning) right? What does your stock O2 look like cruising the highway? Anywhere near stoiceometric? (450mv). If it is, your WBO2 should be showing somwherre in the 14's at least.
What does your WB show at warmed up idle? 12's (because of open loop).

Earlier you stated that when you go WOT the WB goes out or range lean. What exactly was it reading?

Dave, your right the scanmaster shows.4-.500or so cruisng a steady 50-55mph, and the WB 13's
or so in that area, in my eyes just about right, but when you get into it will spike way of the lean side on the WB, this was last Sat., Monday I changed my plugs back to NGK UR5's, had Brisk racing which I found out are to cold for E85, and I'm thinking that is my problem, but now with several inches of snow on the ground their will be no testing this week. Will have to wait til at least next week and see what the weather brings.

Ron

Still thinking it was the existing plugs I was using were too cold and also causing high EGT's, 1788Deg.'s. Timing on the chip is 25 in 1st and 2nd,
23 in 3rd and 4th, timing could also be to low.

Ron

Still thinking it was the existing plugs I was using were too cold and also causing high EGT's, 1788Deg.'s. Timing on the chip is 25 in 1st and 2nd,
23 in 3rd and 4th, timing could also be to low.

Ron

I'm also going back to UR-5s as well. I'm using a similar TT chip with the same timing values as yours for the 83# injectors on my car. Since you can't foul a spark plug using E-85 hotter or colder doesn't matter as much. This is exactly why most information you see says: use the same plug as you would use at said boost level. So at our boost levels the UR-5 fits.

Are you using a 160 degree stat, if so lose it. I'm going back to at least a 190. As you know E-85 burns extremely cool. Too much cool is too much of a good thing. Also there is no imperical evidence than running a 160 on a true street car reduces the dome temps on the pistons. My car will actually start running worse after it gets below 50 outside, exactly opposite of what I was witnessing with gasoline.

I'm suprised that your EGTS were high but there are possibly two things I think we might want to think about. Before I go into that I'm fairly sure that my 1 -wire stock 02 is not the best way for me to tune and I believe that is even more evident now that I'm using E-85. I don't have an EGT gauge but I know the sensor is probably cooling down during cruise mode more so than with gasoline. Ok my thoughts:

1. We know that E-85 carries extra oxygen molecules with it, this is a good thing. However I believe it can ( just like HHO generators ) cause the O2 sensor to read leaner that it atcually is at low engine loads, thus actually richening the mixture. At WOT throttle it doesn't matter since most of us are using a chip with static fuel delivery. Also at low boost or even cruising, our engines are low compression which alters E-85 burning rate thus I believe compouding the fuel usage ( over usage ) problem.

I really need a WB correction setup where I can change my cruise map as well as my WOT target.

bsd, you might have something there on the 160 vs 180,190 t-stat, when I think about it my car has always run faster when its hot outside, around a
95-100Deg's or so and that has always really confused me, if I do change stats I'm going to check out those Moto-rad's I beleive they are called, the ones that if they do fail they do so in the open position.

Ron

bsd, you might have something there on the 160 vs 180,190 t-stat, when I think about it my car has always run faster when its hot outside, around a
95-100Deg's or so and that has always really confused me, if I do change stats I'm going to check out those Moto-rad's I beleive they are called, the ones that if they do fail they do so in the open position.

Ron

Which stat did you decide to go with?? I'm pretty sure at this point I'll be going with a 190, even here in Central Texas :cool: I've got to get Eric to re-program the chip and I'll be good.

bsd, lots of snow here, so right now I'm replacing the rubber lines on my aux. tranny cooler since they are 12-13 yrs. old. Still not sure on the t-stat yet, after work tonite have to take a look at my clothes dryer, it will not turn back on, always freakin something going wrong to keep us broke, lol.

Ron

bsd, lots of snow here, so right now I'm replacing the rubber lines on my aux. tranny cooler since they are 12-13 yrs. old. Still not sure on the t-stat yet, after work tonite have to take a look at my clothes dryer, it will not turn back on, always freakin something going wrong to keep us broke, lol.

Ron

Well Ron I went ahead and got the 190 STANT superstat. Its going in tomorrow along with the new R42LTS plugs I got and of course some new RP. :biggrin:

I really need to get a WB though and have Eric do a WB correction chip for me. Damn more money :( LOL.....

bsd, let me know on the t-stat, I will finish the new tranny line install this
week-end, also going to install a tranny temp gauge I got a while back also.
I always been curios of trans temp after a 1/4 mile blast, keep us posted.

Ron

bsd, let me know on the t-stat, I will finish the new tranny line install this
week-end, also going to install a tranny temp gauge I got a while back also.
I always been curios of trans temp after a 1/4 mile blast, keep us posted.

Ron

I'll let you know how it goes.

You got a tranny cooler installed?? It not take her to the track first and get the temp and then come back after you've installed one and you'll be :eek:

bsd, I have had one installed for many years, just replacing the lines because
of time, being a little proactive vs reactive.

Ron