Eastwood Fender Roller for Rent

Bob,
Feedback suggests 'even a caveman' can do it. What clearance gains do I achieve? and are front versus rears more/less difficult?
Thanks, DGC

ditto, i wonder the same. I will be renting this soon so I can try to fit my 295 tire on a 16X8 rim.

Sorry guys I really don't know the answers to your questions. I bought this tool thinking I'd bend the lip of the rear fenderwell up so that when I launch the lip won't hit the tire...a MT 275/60-15. 7 psi in the air bags will do the same but adds some bounce to the launch. I've not used the tool yet...and probably will not...hate to do this to my 39k mile pristine Limited.

I've never heard of the need to use the tool on the front fenderwells.

Regards, Bob

In terms of clearance gains it would be the width of the inner lip...about 1.5". The tool is designed to roll this lip upward to as close as just inside, and parallel to, the fender flair. You don't have to go that far if you don't want to.

My plans were to roll the lip in about 4 or 5 stages depending on effort required to bend the lip...increasing the amount of bend at each stage...keeping in mind to keep the paint warm to prevent it from cracking at the bend. As mentioned, I haven't been able to bring myself to doing it to my Limited yet.

I don't know if it's caveman easy...we all know that cavemen have good electronic skills and can play tennis...but I'm not sure how well they've mastered the use of basic tools :)

Bob

i am working out with the so cal guys the details about renting this tool from ya, get back to you soon! I still need it for my `16X8 295's :)

DArkside

It will be headed out before this week is over to one fellow, and another guy has it reserved for week of 12 May...so assuming each guy keeps it for about 2 weeks it won't be available till around 26 May +/-.

Sat idle for most of the winter...must be the spring rush :)

Bob

Tool available? Need to roll the lips on the elky! 275/50/17's almost fit perfect, but using the aluminum drums it puts the tire about 1/16 of an inch too far out:frown:

It's in MO at this moment...due back in a week or so.

I could have the guy who has it now ship directly to you.

Thanks, Bob

I currently have custody of the roller and I don't mind shipping it to the next guy if that would make it easier. Let me know.

Steve, I'll take you up on your offer to send to Eric when you are done. I've PM'd you with his shipping address.

I've promised you the tool through next weekend so don't feel rushed to complete your job.

Just let us know when it's on the way to Eric with the shipping details please.

Thanks, Bob