You can type here any text you want

eclipse with a te-44

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ITSNOTAGN

Shadow Master
well i took my eclipse to the track a few weeks ago and ran the 14.4 in my sig. but anyway i melted the turbine wheel right off the shaft. not wanting to spend any money on the pos, and being it was laying on the shop floor, i grabbed the TE-44 off my buick thats tore apart anyway. after getting it all fitted, the one side of the 3 bolt flange lines up perfectly with one side of the Mitsu flange. also the mitsu has the hole offset to one side a little, lined up perfectly. long story short, im at fuel cut at about 13-14psi, and it is way way faster. heres some pics.
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 116
helmit, race gas, high psi, and probably a new ex. mainfold and more fuel would help a lot for the turbos sake; get all that and i think with slicks and not breaking anything you could dip into the 12's.

do the GSX from japan have bigger injectors fit on that on the US spec car? I had a buddy that had a 11 second eclipse, spent 25K on parts and i remember him blabbing about "bolting in" jap spec GSX injectors; before he went to a race injector. Not sure though this was a long time ago, so definitly not fact. Id say bigger injectors and a FP regulator and your good to go.

Sounds like it should be a pretty fun ride with the TE44...

well its an auto, and the stock stall is around 3000rpm, but it still isnt enough. i dont care about it being fast, it needed it and i had it so i put it on there. i put in the 5-speed injectors and ecu, they are 450cc (43lb/hr or so). stock autos had 390cc. i get full boost with the 44 at around 4500rpm, should have put on the stock GN turbo but thats going on something else. i didnt port the ex. manifold or anything, i just made a little adapter plate to get the 3 to 4 bolt pattern sealed. just wanted it movable again, need to spend on the buick its more important. just thought i would share, i have a total of $36 in the swap not including the turbo (oil lines, inlet duct etc.). also did a full 3" exhaust that i pieced together out of the scrap bin at the local muffler shop. just showing what can be done with some time and a little thinking. i guess the ECU cuts fuel at an airflow of about 250crank hp, that is what i read at one time, im not claiming it, but i can pull away from stock GTPs now, so im not complaining. Maybe in the spring i will do a 2g MAF swap and some 650cc injectors with a chip, thats good to around 300-350wheel HP. BUT if i need it, got a wet nitrous system sitting in the garage, that should get it out of the hole. we'll just see about that.
Gary

Back