eightsecv6/bill anderson misrepresents vehicle on ebay then leaves me bad feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTMD8

Just thought I would let you all know about the buying experience I had with eightsecv6.

Bought his Typhoon on ebay-

eBay Motors: GMC : Jimmy (item 230204086667 end time Dec-20-07 16:17:06 PST)

Sent him the deposit the next day. He had a cashiers check for the rest within just a few days. (and this was right around christmas)

Asked him to send me the title which he did not want to do. Just said "well, why don't I just put it in the glove box?"

When I flew in to pick up the truck I'm handed a title that is in someone elses name along with a lein release from thier bank. (which happened to have the wrong vin#) Never was I told the title was not in Bills name. I got pulled over for no registration on the way home. (entirely my fault because I did not register the vehicle) but the car got impounded because I had a title in one guys name and a bill of sale from another. Bills friend was very helpful in driving me around and helping me get the car out of impound, which they were very reluctant to do. Many thanks to him he was very helpful to a stranger in a situation that had nothing to do with him.

Lets go over the condition which is nothing like what was described in the auction. The whole front end including the drivers front fender was repainted. Hood was painted but so dull it looked like chalk. Every piece of cladding has big sections of paint actually peeling off. And yes, their are dings on the truck including the roof. The only reason I bought the truck is because it was described as having ABSOLUTELY no rust. Well, the bottoms of the doors are rusted out as well as rust in the a-pillars and floor pans. Not horribly bad but certainly not rust-free as described.

Interior- very very clean which disguises the year of the truck? Lol, not even close, not clean at all.

Claims the truck has no vibrations but the front propshaft was destroyed. The truck was vibrating on the highway horribly. Felt like constantly driving on speed bumps. Not to mention one of the front steel brake lines blew out on the highway due to, you guessed it, rust. (which no one could have predicted but I thought I would mention it since it happened) Also, the idler arm was so trashed that steering was nothing more than a mere suggestion. This is all after he told me the truck should be in great condition to drive home.

After I got home I mentioned the issues with the truck to Bill, telling him it wasn't as he described and got no response. After never recieving a response I left him feedback saying the condition of the vehicle was misrepresented. He then responds trying to make it seem that I'm just salty at him because the truck got impounded when in fact I made no mention of that, or that the vehicle was in someone elses name. I only mentioned the condition of the vehicle.

Sorry for the novel but I'm just frustrated with the fact that I bought a vehicle that was not nearly in the condition that was described with a title in someone elses name and in return I end up with negative feedback.

Sorry bout your luck but this is the Lounge, The place to post things like "my dog is cool" or "I had lunch with a Yeti"
And since there was no transaction done here, the feedback area would not apply as well.

You paid in full before hand, took posession of the vehical, buyer beware, dont buy cars on ebay..blah blah blah

Paid 6 some grand for it, sink a few more into it, take it to the track and run the piss out of it.

I apologize if this is the incorrect forum but I thought it was the most appropriate place.

We are both long term members and I thought he was someone I could trust.

Of course it could just be that I'm way off base and my definitition of "ABSOLUTELY rust free" and paint that has a "very glossy,deep finish" is different from everyone elses.

Putfile - Welcome to my homepage!

I hear ya about putting money into and and running it but my intentions were to put my 427lsx motor in it with twin turbos. Basically I was only buying it for the body which is not in the condition it was described or nice enough for me to use for my project.

Wow that number 5 door picture is horrible. I dont have any advice to give you but I can say that really sucks. Looks misrepresented to me.

I feel for ya, it's a decent price still, not great, but the repairs will cost a metric ton, so that negates any decent price. :(

I must be looking at the wrong pictures. The ones in the putfile account don't look that bad to me. They look like a rust free northern car. I was expecting to see something that could not be fixed with a wire brush. I was expecting to see pieces falling off the door or holes in the floor.

I must be looking at the wrong pictures. The ones in the putfile account don't look that bad to me. They look like a rust free northern car. I was expecting to see something that could not be fixed with a wire brush. I was expecting to see pieces falling off the door or holes in the floor.

Quote directly from the ebay ad: There is ABSOLUTELY no rust anywhere :(

If you flew out to drive the vehicle home why would you not take the cashiers check with you and pay the balance with it when you saw the truck in person.

If the truck was not as described when you went to pick it up then tell the buyer to either lower the price or walk away.

I'm not saying you did or did not get screwed untill Bill Anderson responds to your comments. There is always two sides of the story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle....:wink:

Ebay is only as good as the seller's integrity..........period. There is such a thing as FRAUD. If you have it in writing advertised as rust free, I can't see you not being able to make a case.

What wonder wire brush will fix this door? :confused:

You got screwed IMO, should have paid in person no matter who your buying from.

BW

Attachments

• 2616193870 (Small).jpg
    2616193870 (Small).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 580
I'm an insurance adjuster and I can tell you that KBB is worthless. Waaaaaaaaay overpriced. NADA.com is actually used by insurance companies in some states to settle total losses. Normally you take the average of the retail and trade in values to get a pretty decent idea.

Rust issues aside..... That title situation sucks, that's definately something that should be listed clearly upfront in the ad.

Guys I am completely aware that I should have taken more steps to be careful. I was just going on the guys reputation and the ebay ad was very descriptive. (just not the right description) I was able to contact the bank holding the lein from the previous owner and get a new lein release from them so I could register the vehicle.

Anyone that works on turbo buicks knows about rust, so when I saw this advertised as "ABSOLUTELY no rust" I knew that's exactly what I was looking for. (but obviously is not)

I was not able to get the truck by the time the ebay ad said he required full payment which is why he was paid in advance. I didn't look at the truck very closely when I picked it up. Also my fault. It was inside the shop that was not very well lit and I just got in it and hit the road as I was looking at a 10+ hour drive. Not sure what would have happened if I asked for a refund at that point but I would have at least lost out on airfare and other travel expenses.

So while I was too trusting and didn't take appropriate measures to watch my own back, the bottom line is I got sold a vehicle which was completely misrepresented on ebay from a business owner I thought I could trust.

On top of that he leaves me bad feedback on ebay saying "whole day tied up getting car out of impound after he drove it away w/no tags" When in fact he did nothing and it was his friend that helped me get it out of impound. (of which help I would not have needed if the title matched the bill of sale).

Again, sorry to vent here, just had to get it off my chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.