You can type here any text you want

Engine builders!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboc87gn

Darkside in Detroit
Some are better at this than others but i think it would be cool if we could put together a thread with tips and tricks to building a 109 and make it a sticky for those wishing to try it themselves mabye put together a chart of some sort for the different kinds of builds stock rebuild vs mild vs wild and different areas of the engine so the info is organized with as many pics as possible...It would be cool so we all can learn from each others experiences and be informed so even if your builder screws something up you may recognize it before you throw $5000+ down the toilet...

The best tip and trick i could give is to bring it to a reputable machinist that has experience with these. Not many have the ability to say one machinist is better than another based on anything other than whether or not the engine lasted or didnt. There is a lot more to it than that though. You will not see the best of the best posting here. Why would they post all their secrets up? If the owner was knowledgeable enough they could disassemble the engine and see some of the tricks used. Most often the owner ****s up and hurts it in some way or another only looking for a scapegoat.

Thanks for the post bison i was thinkin more like the diy guys that have lots of experience but arent makin a living at it vs the people,shops and vendors that are building engines for $ i wouldnt expect them to give away trade secrets...

Thanks for the post bison i was thinkin more like the diy guys that have lots of experience but arent makin a living at it vs the people,shops and vendors that are building engines for $ i wouldnt expect them to give away trade secrets...

Brian doesn't make a living on them, he's just very knowledgeable.:biggrin: He's one of the tech guys that's just gotten tired of stupid questions.:eek: BTW, yours is not a stupid question.:smile:

Back