You can type here any text you want

Engine burning rich

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rarperformance

It'll go or it'll blow
This is what I have: This is a new fresh built motor never started until now. This car was fully restored from frame up. .030 motor girdled, GN1 Iron heads, Scorpion roller rockers, Cal Hartline custom roller cam, GN1 race intake with 72mm TB, 80lbs injectors by Siemens, custom made chip from Turbo Tweak for this application. Running a translator with an LS MAF. I set the fuel pressure to 43lbs. as instructed. started the motor and its burning very rich. turned the fuel pressure down to 23lbs. and its still burning rich. I did hook a Scanmaster to it. The Scanmaster powered on but went off as if the ecm is not sending anything to it. Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated?

Last edited:
U need to pull the vacuum line off set it back to 42 lbs . Go though the TT chip instructions and pull fuel at idle . Again leave pressure at 42lbs .

Wide band installed?
I'd suggest a Powerlogger for an application w/ that many performance mods...

The Scanmaster powered on but went off as if the ecm is not sending anything to it. Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated?

The ECM may be in limp mode, which will cause it to run rich. Is the CEL flashing? If so that is limp mode.

Also do this: after key-off for at least ten seconds do a key-on, engine-off while observing the CEL. It should turn on briefly, blink off, then turn on solid. Can repeat the test after ten seconds of key-off.

If the CEL doesn't do the blink off then the ECM is again in limp mode. With limp mode using the CALPAK for calibration any injectors larger then stock (~ 29 #/hr) will result in the engine running rich.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back