Engine Failure

I can post a log I'll have to do it later. I have an old laptop for the car, not connected to the internet. I will have to find a thumb drive or something to transfer the files. It is mostly 60ft I think.

There it is in your signature should have noticed.
Just curious about your log how it pulls much harder than me in the 1/8 than me.
Can you post it up.
Could be the shorter tire?
And just airbags out back good 60 ,I could not get there tell the Hellwig bar.
Attached is the log for the slip I posted above for the 11.2x run on 10-28.

Attachments

• 10-28-17-4.dat
    145.5 KB · Views: 8
Thanks ,you have to look close to tell how’s logs is how’s
I’m 10 psi @3000 19 @3400 so I’m a little tighter than you.

We both have the same converter slip at the line.
I can leave at 3400 but the car won’t hook at all, I hope the HR bar will fix that, then lookout @ 19 lb boost of the break it should put down a nice number.

I can leave at 3400 but the car won’t hook at all, I hope the HR bar will fix that, then lookout @ 19 lb boost of the break it should put down a nice number.

You need to get a smart boost controller and use a 2 step rev limiter to optimize how it leaves. More rpm and 7-10psi usually netted the best 60’ from cars I’ve played with. 3800-4200rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my old setup, the PTC is slipping 7-ish percent through the traps vs 10-12 percent. I trapped at 118 @ 5350-5400 on a 255/60-15 on the new set up. I need to work on my 60, but I expect the PTC to put up some good numbers. Also, the PTC comes right up on the line, but couples tight once the car starts rolling. I would be curious to take a look at one of your logs. Overall, the 3021 LU is a good performer, but the PTC NLU keeps the car in a tighter RPM range. Whether I can capitalize on that we will see. The track conditions play a big part, I have cut anything from a 1.5s to a 1.8s 60 ft. That is a large range. I'll post my latest log tomorrow, it is not an example of having everything dialed in, and I spun out of the hole so the 60 ft suffered, but it will illustrate the new setup vs the old.

this is a 11.5 pass leaving good and clean.
Thanks Bison I do have a 2step and a boost controller. I have tried to keep the boost around 15 and leave at 3100. Might be able to get 3800 at 10 PSI but I think my converter is a little tight. Been 3700 at 26 lb but blew the tires off.

Attachments

• QuickSave.011.dat
    388.3 KB · Views: 5
Here is the slip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 21
the PTC is slipping 7-ish percent through the traps vs 10-12 percent.
right! now what you need to see is does your car et better with 10/12% slip or 7%.some cars dont like being super tight and some dont being super loose.

this is a 11.5 pass leaving good and clean.
Thanks Bison I do have a 2step and a boost controller. I have tried to keep the boost around 15 and leave at 3100. Might be able to get 3800 at 10 PSI but I think my converter is a little tight. Been 3700 at 26 lb but blew the tires off.

If you can’t get to 10psi by 3600rpm with a 2 step limiter you have something wrong. Usually you need more rpm and lower manifold pressure so you can ramp it in.

If you can’t get to 10psi by 3600rpm with a 2 step limiter you have something wrong. Usually you need more rpm and lower manifold pressure so you can ramp it in.

3800 and 6-7psi is where I’d start. If it takes it increase rpm in 100rpm increments and leave it around 6-7 or 7-8 out of the hole. If the lanes are garbage then you dial back rpm and launch boost

It will be a month before I get back to the track, I’ll have some time to put that to work.
I was afraid if I didn’t have the boost up to make power I would not have enough power to push the stall that high.

Latest file for the run above. I have a fueling blip in two places that I have to figure out. Tiny bit on the knock sensor.

Attachments

• 10-12-19-2.dat
    109.9 KB · Views: 9
You need to get the manifold pressure up faster in 1st. It’s too low and 60’ is off because of it. Looks like solenoid is 100% DC. Is it hooked up? If not look for exhaust leaks

You need to get the manifold pressure up faster in 1st. It’s too low and 60’ is off because of it. Looks like solenoid is 100% DC. Is it hooked up? If not look for exhaust leaks

I am using an ISAC for boost control. I am still learning how to use it. I will have to log the ISAC to see how the boost solenoid is behaving. The exhaust is tight. Still sorting stuff out, but overall I am really pleased with how it is working. The converter you spec,ed is impressive.

The thing hangs between 4750 and 5000 rpm most of the run.

Yes that's why I asked about the blade count, mines a 18 blade and it's always seemed a little tight to me. Was looking at a 11.10 @ 126 long file of mine and rpm drop on the shift was significant compared to yours.