You can type here any text you want

Engine ID tag

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom87GNX

Sorry if posting in the wrong place, but has anyone seen a tag like this or know the origin? The motor appears to be a rebuild of some sort, it's a 109 block. It has this tag attached to the block below the left cylinder head.
6824c587f85d339a074fab6eb3d08e73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah def not a GM tag, I haven't found any other markings on the motor. Nonetheless it ran cool, smooth and quiet so it's a keeper. Gonna pull the pan when I get some free time and check out the internals. I hope it still has the turbo crank

Engine builders will mark their blocks so if they get it back they have a record of what was done. Sometimes they use Roman numerals to indicate bore cut.

pop the valve covers off and see what heads you have: my car has a generic parts store replacement 231 long block in it with heads from 1979 and a block from 1980.. who knows what crank or cam i have, but it definitely doesn't have turbo pistons..

I already looked at the head casting numbers, it has 8445's on it, so that much is correct.

Back