Engine knocking after burn out

It seems as if the OP has vanished.

It's pretty common I can't think of one newbie that showed up, destroyed his engine, actually listened, then put it back together

The learning curve is just too steep for a cheap lesson on these cars when you don't do the research

Guys I can handle the heat and jokes, like my wife said, you had a couple of hours raising hell in a car, I got to drive for literally for two hours, I’ll be back bigger and better and smarter, thanks for all your guys support and advice & jokes, if anyone has a short block I’m in need for one, or I may just rebuild and will be in need of a steal crank.. thanks GN Tenn !,,

Ok then, start with one of the vendors close to you. Better to be able to see and talk first hand to the person that will be doing the work. They can help you run a good combo and a safe tune. It won't be cheap but it will be right. Educate yourself on what a TB is and why they are finicky bitches. You've learned if you treat her wrong she'll shut off your fun. When you treat her right though, she'll have you coming back for more.

if anyone has a short block I’m in need for one, or I may just rebuild and will be in need of a steal crank.. thanks GN Tenn !,,

Buy some precision measuring tools, tear your engine down and see what you have.

Odds are you need a crank. And odds are your bores are worn so you needs some slugs. There's a good chance your rods and heads aren't destroyed. Going roller is definatly a good thing but that's almost a grand in parts.

Building these engines aren't as hard as people make them out to be. You eat an elephant one bite at a time.

Just MAKE SURE you keep your lifters in order when you tear the engine down. Odds are they and the cam are shot based on the pics I've already seen, but on the off chance you can reuse you camtrain you have to keep those in the same holes.

I'm probalby going to write a step-by-step how-to article on building an engine here soon.

Guys I can handle the heat and jokes, like my wife said, you had a couple of hours raising hell in a car, I got to drive for literally for two hours, I’ll be back bigger and better and smarter, thanks for all your guys support and advice & jokes, if anyone has a short block I’m in need for one, or I may just rebuild and will be in need of a steal crank.. thanks GN Tenn !,,
Then welcome aboard! It will be a pleasure to have you join us.

Get excited. These cars are amazing. There's so much cool factor that goes along with owning one of these things.

"fastest top-fuel hill-billy bob sled" Ahhhh....priceless!

OP, Chris Hogeland, Twisted6racing is about a 4 hour drive from you. Call him up and take your motor to him.

Good man.