Excessive amount of ads?

mikes86ttop

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Screenshot_2018-02-03-11-06-29.png
Anyone have an excessive ad problem the past couple days? I mean, every reply there's an ad? Holy Sh!t!!!
Here's a shot of how big the ads are...like I said there's a effing ad every reply. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Yes & I'm glad you posted this, thought I did something wrong on my phone or something, annoying but some of the ads are interesting

Hey Dan, how's it going man?
Yup, I went through my settings and nothing was changed.

Honestly our ad revenue dwindled to nothing. We turned big ads back on. We hope to have the ad free version up soon for premium members. Server costs are going up yearly, doing what we what gotta do to pay the bills.... If you will notice the vendor list has become much smaller as well!

...As Fakebook continues to kill more & more forums.

Plus the dwindling Turbo Regal membership base. The real deal guys are becoming fewer & being replaced with kids with limited attention spans/wallets.

...As Fakebook continues to kill more & more forums.

Plus the dwindling Turbo Regal membership base. The real deal guys are becoming fewer & being replaced with kids with limited attention spans/wallets.

I think I fixed the dual post issue. Sorry about the excessive ads. We have to pay the bills and ad revenue has gone down to next to nothing so I had to up the ad count. I did relax the ad blocker detection so if you want to run an ad blocker, go ahead. Its still going to yell at you but you can bypass it now. Hopefully not everyone starts running an ad blocker.

One day people will realize Facebook is a poor substitute for the forum. Its great for instant answers and socializing but try searching for something.

I think I fixed the dual post issue. Sorry about the excessive ads. We have to pay the bills and ad revenue has gone down to next to nothing so I had to up the ad count. I did relax the ad blocker detection so if you want to run an ad blocker, go ahead. Its still going to yell at you but you can bypass it now. Hopefully not everyone starts running an ad blocker.

One day people will realize Facebook is a poor substitute for the forum. Its great for instant answers and socializing but try searching for something.
Double post issue still happening today. After clicking post the site just sits clocking. You have to refresh the page to get the post to go through just once.

Okay.. I made another change and removed the ad blocker blocker for now. I updated it and added some new features so perhaps that was the issue.

Okay.. I made another change and removed the ad blocker blocker for now. I updated it and added some new features so perhaps that was the issue.
I just don’t get why ads is such pia for everybody. Why doesn’t people get that is something that is needed. Hell you see ads to watch tv, so what the sand hell is so difficult to understand.

I just don’t get why ads is such pia for everybody. Why doesn’t people get that is something that is needed. Hell you see ads to watch tv, so what the sand hell is so difficult to understand.

Thank you. No one is getting rich from ads. It keeps the doors open, that's about it.

You need a lot of sites serving ads to make bank. When I was working for ExtN, he was making about a grand a day from 22 sites that some had more traffic than we do. Anything over $20 a day is a win for us.

Keep in mind this site runs on two dedicated servers. That stuff ain't cheap but only the best for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn’t agree more about FB. It’s almost impossible to find anything that’s more than a day or two old. The knowledge using the search feature on tb.com is irreplaceable!! I wish people would try to use the forum as much as possible.

I couldn’t agree more about FB. It’s almost impossible to find anything that’s more than a day or two old. The knowledge using the search feature on tb.com is irreplaceable!! I wish people would try to use the forum as much as possible.

Theres so much more I could say but due to trying not to be a complete asshole, I will refrain.

What I will say is that the people YOU GUYS are supporting are NOT supporting your community. When you can post your ads for free on Facebook, why post them here?

People are doing it to themselves and dont even realize it.