You can type here any text you want

Exhaust Suggestions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gunnervirus

My Car's Too Loud...
Hi everyone,

I've finally gotten to the part of my project where I need to be thinking about exhaust. I'm going to have to settle for a custom crush-bent down pipe :( . My question was about mufflers. Has anyone had experience with a Dynomax Ultra-Flo? I'm looking for a good muffler that won't attract unwanted attention ;) .

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Dynomax Ultra flow

Hello,

I run the Dynomax ultra flo bullet on my 83' T-type. The performance gain over what i had on the car (2 1/4 dual with cheap mufflers) was very good. This is with a 3inch pipe in front of right rear wheel and cat outlet inlarged into a 3 inch. However it is sorta loud but at cruising speeds it lowers and has a small drone. I have heard of someone using it though with a dual 2 1/2 hooker system and it is quiet and has no drone. I myself like the muffler due to the performance gain it gave me and good spool up and because i wanted a muffler anyway with a little sound to it. :D

I think that the Dynomax Ultra-Flo with work good, not use flowmasters on a turbo

I am running a 3" pipe from the cat that splits (@ the stock location) to dual 2 1/2" Ultras and it is quiet as can be at idle. The only time I get any sound is at about 1800-2200 rpm and it is just a slight drone. Doesn't draw the cops attention even sitting right next to me. All they see is granny car.:D

Cool, thanks guys.

I think that I'll have the muffler guy put the Ultra-Flo under the passenger seat, with a short turndown. I can't afford a full exhuast anymore (unemployment sucks).

Thanks,
Ben

heh heh, that's pretty cool!!! I'm not hot on the guady-looking fender flares, though.

Cool find.:D

I'm using the Hooker 2.5" dual exhaust system , I tossed the mufflers that came with it and installed their "Max Flow" mufflers, there basicily steel packs straight though design. And are to my surprisingly quiet. (to me any how). The turbo does a great job of keeping the noise down & it also removes most of the clyinder pluses , So a chamber design muffler may not work has well.

Just my 2 cents :)

That cross pipe looks like a good way to pre-heat the engine and trannie oil!!!:D

Back