You can type here any text you want

Experienced this today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I had some weird things going on with the car
Had a baseline tune in it and did not realize it till the next day
Got me thinking about the temp fluctuations (atmosphere ) and how it could effect boost.

I've run a lot of combos literally at max heart rate and in the colder air i see boost go higher.must have something going on.

Going lean i bet. I have always had to add fuel in cool weather.

Air pressure is not a fixed item. Same reason you have to add air to all your tires when it gets cold outside.

An interesting thing I noticed today... I installed some pistons into a block a little over a month ago when it was chilly. I used a large plastic potato salad container to hold some oil for the rings and wristpins. It's a little over 80F now and the internal pressure inside that container had the lid bowed up like a drunk meth addicted redneck. Same amount of air in there when I put the lid on it. Same amount of O2 as well, it's just bigger now.

0007111719000-2.jpg

I'm actually pretty impressed with that piece of tupperware. It's held that pressure for quite a while. :)

That potato salad is amazing

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you have a manual boost controller with the old school spring and ball just about all of them the colder it is you should see a slight increase in boost pressure at least that’s what I’ve seen with my setup

Back