Extender G Chip

larrym

West Coast Newfy
got my Extender G Chip and plan to install it this weekend.

Any words of wisdom from those running this chip and the Gen 2 translator?

well that was no fun...... installed the chip and the SES light flickers before I start it when I do start it it sounds like its running on 4 cylinder!
Re installed my old chip reset the GEN 2 settings for the different chip and it fired right up.

Do not run it with a rapid flashing SES light.

It "could" be a bad chip, but usually its the ECM's socket losing tension. This can cause problems with a brand new chip.

Try this first:

ECMsocket.jpg

Do that with all the tabs to tighten up the connection.

Thanks Eric the your chip works fine in there :p I hope its just the socket the ECM is only a couple years old. I'll have to get my glasses out for this!

look in the underside of the chip, and make sure I didn't snap it in the holder backwards......

But, a loose chip socket finger is pretty common.

Bob

Tried to go for a road test tonight, put it in gear and i get a code 34, scan tool shows MAF at 2g the go up if I add throttle.

Have the Maf setting at

maf in 4 inck mega
maf out ext pro

If you are at Key On, Engine OFF, and press the throttle, does the maf reading increase with pedal press?

If you are at Key On, Engine OFF, and press the throttle, does the maf reading increase with pedal press?
No change but .....

Something is really amiss.......
Its when I apply the brake the screen on the GEN 2 goes blank?

Release the brake it comes back on.

go back thru the installation, check all the connections, especially the ground. If there is any doubt, solder the connections.

Bob

so the problem appears to be the Torque converter lock up switch that triggers the blank screen.
I bypassed the power and wired the GEN 2 and wired it to the fuse panel and it eliminated the blank screen problem.

Figured I would go for a little rip and see how things worked, off idle and light acceleration all is good purrs even.

As soon as I get on it a little it goes lean and falls on its face, 2800 rpm and the load point is around 100, TPS around 2.00.

got any datalogs? any other data on whats happening? Fuel pressure?

Bob

so the problem appears to be the Torque converter lock up switch that triggers the blank screen.
I bypassed the power and wired the GEN 2 and wired it to the fuse panel and it eliminated the blank screen problem.

That's not a problem with the switch, Please recheck the rest of the wiring.

Any trouble codes?

Bob

no codes the fuel pressure is 45lb line off and was rising with boost. The MAF numbers seem low if I bring the revs up with no load they never even get past 10 with the revs up to 3500 RPM in neutral. I realize the chip has something to do with that to help it calculate the true air flow. I had a busy day and could not get much done with the car. I'll get back to it the middle of next week, I double checked all the connections and had my buddy the marine electrician :p have a look at the diagrams and my connections and he was stump as well. It was his idea to get power from the fuse box. He also tried a different ground with no change.

My scan tool is an auto exray I can log brief amounts of data 10 frames I think but there is no way to upload it on the computer. What are you looking for I'll track some info and relay any sensor info you might need.

so I quadruple checked the connections tried to adjust fueling at the load and rpm points that were creating the problem.
reset the GEN 2 twice and reconfigured it........
Dropped in my old chip set it up on the Gen 2 and away it went.
It appears to be the way the MAF numbers are being interpreted? My other chip they are higher and rise with RPM quicker.

I want wide band correction! :(

I'm I missing some thing in the configuration for the G chip, do I set Vout 1 and V out to both to SPK control?

Is there something I'm missing in the triggers for V1 and V2 they are at the defaults.

V1 is used for spark control, V2 is not used.

On a generic scantool, the airflow will read really low (33% of actual).

The real check is your BLM numbers after driving for a little while.

The 4" pipe with the MAF might be messing with you.

What did you select for Maf In ?, MAF out?

What software version is your Gen-2?

Bob

once I swapped the chips the block learn was low 117 with old chip,
I have the MAF in set to 4 inch and the MAF out set to Extender PRO

How do I determine what version it is?