Extender: Pushing limits of pump gas...?

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
I got a extender chip for 009s, and I think Ramchargers incorrectly programmed the boost I originally specified, so I will be able to get a "free" fix-it update I think... at any rate...

I was wondering if I could "up" some things.

Right now the chip is set for 92 oct (18/16 low/high WOT spark advance)

and 80/75 low/high wastegate %

With a te44 with stock adjustable wastegate actuator, 2600 stall converter, translator (ls1 maf) (thinking about upgrading to the T+ soon when $$ becomes available)... what can I safely jack them settings upto when running 93/94 octane pump gas?

What might I be able to coerce it upto if I used the T+?

Any ideas or examples? thanks...

That timing seems really low, almost like it is for 91 octane and not 92 even. I would think you should be able to pull off 20psi without much trouble, especially if you are able to get 93 or 94 octane.

Originally posted by darkfa8
I got a extender chip for 009s, and I think Ramchargers incorrectly programmed the boost I originally specified, so I will be able to get a "free" fix-it update I think... at any rate...

I'd try working with what I had if I were you.
You assuming alot, by wanting to change anything without base lining what you have.

It's easy to work your way up in tuning, but starting too high gets you blown headgaskets, etc..

Dial in what you have, then try adding some boost and fuel to see what you can generate HP wise.

There is no Standard for what chemically generates a given Octane number, so while you might not get detonation with one tankful of 92 you might with another. Again, you need to sort out what works for you in your car.

Dan, I have some real data for you as an example of what I have tuned with an extender, trans +, and xylene. I am very pleased with the extender 93 chip (19/17 timing) for my 40's redstripes. With 94 in the tank I could run 17 lbs with 0 kr. Added the CNC TB bore and powerplate and got a couple more psi boost. Added the Xylene and tuning with the trans + and got a couple more psi, total of 21 psi. See my research in my thread:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43262
No one has responded yet, so I'm not sure what anyone thinks, but I'm happy with the results and learning about the timing. Heres another one if you wnat to learn more about the trans + and high octane:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41560

Dan, since 1) you cant afford to blow **** up, 2) Bob knows whats best in MOST cases:

I'd leave well enough alone and do the update for maybe less boost, but just tell Bob/Mike what fuel you're using, boost you wanna run, HD or STD actuator and engine buildup and let Bob do his magic.

Not trying to harp, I just know how you like to fiddle...