You can type here any text you want

Failed CA Emissions today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNBeswick

It's just a V6 Regal....
I think my cat may be bad.....and for some reason the car is running rich, however Id like your opinion on things.

I attatched a photo of the results. He circled what I failed.

smog.jpg

just curious ... did any of the other non-stock items in your signature get flagged, such as the cold air intake or the LT1 MAF ??

Right now I cannot see your attachment. When I get home, I'll take a look then.

I only got flagged on one thing....and it was pretty damn ridiculous. They cried about my wastegate solenoid not being hooked up...because its broken and GM doesnt sell it anymore.

How are the BLMs? If everything is in fuel control, then change the cat. Exhaust O2 content is too high and you have run out of room to richen the mixture, since CO emissions are already failing (at 25 MPH).

the blm is 124 idle...I dont pay attention to it much besides the idle, so I dont know what it is at certain speeds.
Im almost posative the cat is bad....I had a turbo go out on me and it was shooting oil into the exhaust. I get a feeling the cat is plugged with oil residue. Other than the cat....everything else seems to be in good working order. Would just the cat alone cause the car to fail so much? When the guy was testing my car, I heard him mumbling to his co-worker about seeing the scanmaster's 02s go up into the 6-700s during a cruise or something. I dont know if that has any signifigance.

Any time the engine is warmed up and not in PE mode the O2's should be steadily bouncing between less than 200 mV and greater than 700 mV, so what he saw is what he should have seen at cruise assuming he also saw them bounce right back down.

GNAsuka said:
I think my cat may be bad.....and for some reason the car is running rich, however Id like your opinion on things.

I attatched a photo of the results. He circled what I failed.

smog.jpg

Per your sig you are using a TurboTweak "street alky" chip. Eric sets up his chips at idle to go into open loop and run rich. This eliminates the stumble our cars have. I would say that is your issue assuming you tried to pass the test with his chip. Eric does offer an emission chip.

Back