You can type here any text you want

Failed Emissions today...doh

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GN84Turbo

Where'd all my money go?
Well, here are the specs:

HC (PPM)

max Measured

15 mph 126 96
25 mph 101 75

CO (%)

max Measured

15 mph 0.79 0.62
25 mph 0.59 0.36

NO (PPM)

max Measured

15 mph 1118 1827 (DOH!)
25 mph 978 1387

SO...what should i be looking for? I stupily leaned out the mixture because i had just installed my hotwire yesterday, which may be cause of the high NO, but I thought I'd double check. Possibly the EGR valve or I need a new cat? Any advice would be most helpful. I only get 1 more chance. :(

TIA,

A lean mixture or a malfunctioning EGR valve will make the NOx too high. Only problem is if you richen it then the HC will go up. A catalytic convertor isn't real efficient at reducing NOx but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. I always get a pretest just in case so it doesn't go into the state's computer. It's an extra $20 but it's worth it if it saves you from being classified as a gross polluter. It's saved me before.

I got lucky and I knew the smog guy from highschool. I failed because it was running lean and I asked him if I had a way to adjust the mixture if I could try it again. He smiled and walked away while I turned the FP up and came back when I was done.

Back