You can type here any text you want

fast classic newbie needs help.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ed G

I purchased a used classic ecu years ago and finally have my car to the starting stage. The engine is a 355 chevy lt1 based engine with 65lb injectors that is turbocharged. The engine starts fine but runs lousy. Unless you are constantly cycling the throttle it will not stay running and the exhaust smell will drive you out of the garage. I was hoping someone would have a setup close to mine so I can see what the fuel file should look like for a fast classic bank to bank.
Thanks.
Ed

Is your MAP reading correctly? Is this box setup for an optispark ignition? Have you verified your timing?

Thanks for the reply Cal.
The map reads around 97 and the motor has been converted to a ford edis ignition.
I sent the box to fast and had it configured for the ignition change.
I can't verify the timing because it runs so bad.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

If the engine runs at all, I would quickly look at the A/F and adjust the computer to get it roughly in the 12-14 range. Once it's there, I would focus on what I think is the real issue, the timing. The fact that you have converted both the box and the car to the Ford setup would make me think that is your real issue.

Back