FAST Sequential ??? - Craig???

DOHC Vobra

Hey Craig!

I'm considering upgrading my B2B ECU to SEFI, but have a couple of questions... First, a little background. I've installed the FAST on my 97 Mustang Cobra (4.6L DOHC, EDIS), and successfully have the B2B stuff working. I created a "harness adapter" which allows me to simply plug the FAST into my stock ECU connector, so I'm not using a FAST supplied harness. Now, I'd like upgrade to SEFI... does the FAST require a specific Cam trigger, or can I use it with the stock Ford Cam trigger on my car??? If so, I'm assuming that if I connect C3 (CAM+) and D3 (CAM RTN) that I'll have everything that I need for sequential operation... does this sound correct to you?? (or are there additional pins that need to be connected for SEFI operation???)

Thanks for all of your help...you are definitely the FAST god!!! :)

Justin
'97 Vobra Coupe
http://www.guieectuner.com

Good question.

I'm considering going this route as well. Justin, that "harness adapter" sounds awesome. I bet you could sell those things.. I actually know someone in Cali who wants to hook one up to his car. Gabriel with the yellow '98.

Yup, this will work... at home remodeling the kitchen at the moment so no time but more details later... have at it. :D

Thanks Craig!

Thanks for the quick response Craig! I'll go ahead and start wiring that up! I'll start with the CAM+ and CAM RTN signals. I'll await more details from ya! (I especially would like to know if there's any additional wires that I need to connect...like I currently don't have CRANK+ and CRANK- connected, since I use B2B mode, hopefully that's not required for SEFI mode???

Again, thanks for all of your help Craig!
Justin

Hey Nate!

I'll let ya know if it all works out with the SEFI! Maybe I could make another adapter for the guy with the yellow '98... it sure is easier than replacing the whole wiring harness!!!

Justin

To make this work best, the 10-pin connector at the end of your injector harness should be reconfigured. Wire it as follows:

A goes to 5
B goes to 4
C goes to 8
D goes to 1
E goes to 3
F goes to 7
G goes to 2
H goes to 6

You can pop the pins out of the 10-pin connector and reinsert them in the correct spot fairly easily. This will make sure that the ECU fires the injector on the cylinder at about the same time that the intake valve opens.

This injector harness configuration only applies to SEFI systems on 4.6 Ford motors, so anyone else with a different config needn't worry if yours doesn't match.

Thanks Craig! I'll reconfigure my injector mapping to match that!
One question...I tried a friends sequential unit this weekend, and had no luck... One thing that I noticed is that the "Cam Sync" display in the dashboard stayed '0'. Do I need the Crank+ and Crank RTN connected as well as the CAM+ and CAM RTN for sequential to work?

Thanks Craig!
Justin