FAST VE table not reading boost

Gearhead6s

we were out tuning last night and all was well with the FAST until we stopped for about 2 hours. we got back in the car and after about 10 min or driving the FAST ve table stopped reading boost. the little green ball just fell to the bottom of the grid and sat there only moving up and down with RPM not with boost. the MAP readings on the dash were good but not the dash in the VE window. so below 2000rpm before the wideband correction would kick in the car went all stupid lean. above 2000 the O2 was only having to correct small amounts under boost. it looks like the ECU was still following the proper tune but the FAST was not showing it. the green indicators just slides back and forth on the very bottom. anyone have any ideas?

Try the dos version, i doubt it will do it again

how do i use the dos version? so i just load it another way? i have never done anything is DOS before.

Ok, go to the fast site and download it to a floppy disk. However you must have winzip on the computer, does you laptop have this?

I have both the dos and windows verion of c-com.

I use the dos version 98% of the time. I only use the windows version to datalog because it's easier.

goto bootdisk.com and make a dos boot disk. if your laptop is win95/98/ME then it's using FAT so you can just boot off the dos boot disk and run dos c-com from the hard drive.

if you have NT/win2k/XP then it's probably NTFS. in that case you'll have to put c-com on the floppy and run it.

ok well i reinstalled FAST it works fine. i ran into a problem with trying to make a floppy, my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive just a disk. i mean i copied the FAST floppy and burnt it to a cd to get it on the laptop. and Fast4d thank you for the input but i have absolutly no idea what you just said:p