You can type here any text you want

fast XFI software EGT idea?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Why couldn;t the new software also have limits for EGTS that put out an output to a relay to control a light or wastegate in event a egt limit is reached? My red alert unit does this, but the data can;t be graphed against any boost and is a pita to get out. It would be nice to have it in the XFI.

The analog inputs and EGT's are for display only. I am sure they could be made to trigger something, but it won't happen in version 2.0 The XFI has always been able to trigger a SES light when an engine sensor gets out of range. It also can turn off NOS on an engine fault code (like injector duty cycle)

I will be making the suggestion to fast to get egt temps to trigger a SES or external output maybe in future software versions. Not that it would happen but it can't hurt to get an email off to them. Thanks Cal for the explanation.

Cool. I wasn't aware you had an XFI :biggrin:

I borrowed one for a short time, but the owner wanted it back, before i could get back to the dyno. I might be able to get it back in the spring for the flash of the 2.0 software though to see how it is.

The XFI has always been able to trigger a SES light when an engine sensor gets out of range. (like injector duty cycle)

Saved my butt a few times too!
better than how classic just keeps raising injector d/c 120% how does that work? HAHAHA
Abe knows!

-Dan

They should have an output based on Air Fuel.

RPM greater than 3k, TPS greater than 70%, AF greater than 12:1... trip the relay out/SES/etc..

The dream someday that feature comes out on the XFI.

Actually it is out if you own the DASH from FAST... :D Just like EGT parameters out of whack the DASH can output your failsafe :D

I like your thinking, but, that would trigger during spoolup on a turbobuick, and would be on all the time for the NA guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your thinking, but, that would trigger during spoolup on a turbobuick, and would be on all the time for the NA guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How bout 5k rpms, throttle 75%, AFR 12:1 :D

Or..

How about anytime correction goes to 25% positive(or whatever you set max correction too), TPS is 75%?

Throw a relay when the condition is met.. :D

You would have to include MPH so the vehicle is moving would be best.

Back