Fast XFI/XIM tunned on E85

novi2000

Can someone give me some feedback on the attached dyno graph I am curious why the poer seems to lay over like it does?

setup:

2003 cobra compound bost setup twin billet 6765 .96a/r turbos
Fast XFI/XIM LSCoils
160lb injectors
E85 and Alky Control Dual nozzle
turbos are making 13psi
TH400 with gear vendors PTC 9.5 inch converter

from what I can recall the power did not seem to lay over with the 6 speed in the car. We also ran into an issue with the power not increasing with more boost.

Thx

Attachments

• TH400_Dyno_12psi from turbos.jpg
    TH400_Dyno_12psi from turbos.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 116
Looks like misfire of some sort. If that was a 1:1 hit I'd expect power climbing hard till up over 130mph on one of those. Looks like 5252rpm is at about 87mph.

Proably too rich, and misfire as bison said. I hope you were not spraying alky at 13 psi?

Do you have a graph that displays rpm? Did you make any hits at lower boost levels?

Do you have a graph that displays rpm? Did you make any hits at lower boost levels?
Thx for the replies I dont have any lower boost graphs, this setup is a compound boost setup the twins feeding the stock roots blower so the total boost is 22psi when the turbos are pushing 12-13psi.

novi2000 said:
Thx for the replies I dont have any lower boost graphs, this setup is a compound boost setup the twins feeding the stock roots blower so the total boost is 22psi when the turbos are pushing 12-13psi.

At part throttle if they are likely running to the left of the surge line. You have 1700hp worth of turbos there. The total boost is still whatever the
Manifold is showing on the gauge. If you see higher pressures in the intake tract ahead of the roots blower there is likely a lot of compressor surge there. The turbos dont push the air. They fling it. The pressure between the turbos and roots blower will determine where the compressors are working if you use the hp the engine is making. It's very likely they are making a lot more than you think but the roots blower is Lowering the mass flow potential. It's unfortunate there aren't any compressor maps available