Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Car...?

pacecarta said:
BHJ is a damper if its neutral balanced as most are for forged crank than its really just a damper .
my forged crank is external balanced as is my BHJ so its also a balancer , same goes for the flexplate , im running a cat SFI for external so its not a neutral balanced part

I have an external balance eagle crank. I'm using the bhj balancer on my stock crank right now but I'll pull it before balancing and run my stock balancer until the new engine is ready to install. I'll buy a new flexplate though, also external balanced if course. I may have gotten one of the last external balanced eagle cranks.

my old motor with billet mains had #1 and #4 looser then the rest, also the timing chain was looser on it compared to my current build and we just pulled it off and put it on the new engine. So whoever did the machining on the old block moved the centerline of the crank higher into the bore for some reason, and didnt use a good bit when cutting the mains.

Heck, there was 6 crooked pistons in there as well lol

kidglok said:
my old motor with billet mains had #1 and #4 looser then the rest, also the timing chain was looser on it compared to my current build and we just pulled it off and put it on the new engine. So whoever did the machining on the old block moved the centerline of the crank higher into the bore for some reason, and didnt use a good bit when cutting the mains.

Heck, there was 6 crooked pistons in there as well lol

Makes me want to not deviate from stock! Oh well. My machinist has done a few of these motors and all are holding up well so far. I'm thinking I'll stay with two center billet mains though. I'll always have old blue on a stand if I ever need a motor that I know works. Thanks for all the experience sharing guys.

I'm just trying to make it on this list!

you and me both!

the tough part is tuning your way to it, once you approach 600hp+ the margin for error greatly decreases. It doesnt take much detonation at that level to cause damage.

ive lowered the amount of alky being injected and backed the timing down to 18* and it actually picked up mph.

with yours going 102+/ 128+ mph at 21psi and 18 degree timing this past sunday.. making the list is just a good hook away .
with a few more psi youll be getting the boot even with the roll bar.

That is the range of et/hp that I think these Buicks are the most fun. I remember when mine ran 125-128. Got plenty of races, beat up on it all the time, and had drove it anywhere. I still consider my car a street car, because I drive it to car shows and don't mind cruising in it, just as long as I stay in a 25 mile radius o_O from the house.

That is the range of et/hp that I think these Buicks are the most fun. I remember when mine ran 125-128. Got plenty of races, beat up on it all the time, and had drove it anywhere. I still consider my car a street car, because I drive it to car shows and don't mind cruising in it, just as long as I stay in a 25 mile radius o_O from the house.

RAAAACECAAAAR!!!!:p

List of Fastest Pump Gas/Alky Regals with a 109 block

1. snyderjw1.......................9.623@143.28

2. pacecarta.......................9.815 @@137.68
3.JC'sGN.............................9.82@137
4. 1985GN............................9.91@137
5. Grumpy............................9.94@138
6. jdsgnx...............................9.99@134.46
7. RICHIE HIGH PSI.........10.05@133
8. GNDriven.......................10.06@139.3

9. TURBO 6........................10.12@132
10. murphster.....................10.19@129
11. J-B Racing....................10.22@136
12. SloGN...........................10.24@130 -------------------------10.19 @129.8 reynolds ga
13. cutt...............................10.30@128
14. HiTech6..........................10.365@128.51
15. Quik Six.....................10.373 @ 131.8
16. Super6..........................10.41@128
17. insane6........................10.44@112
18. turbo6randy.................10.46@131
19. Slow91z........................10.48@128

List of Fastest Pump Gas/Alky Regals with a stage block

1. Robert Wilson.................9.221@146.61

Back to the list...and getting us on it :)

I still consider my car a street car, because I drive it to car shows and don't mind cruising in it, just as long as I stay in a 25 mile radius o_O from the house.

WOW 25 mile radius :p Come on DRIVE the damm thing !! I drove Melissa's 138 mph car for a few months this summer as a rental .. Over 8000 miles. Didn't miss a beat.. What are you afraid of ?? :confused:

TH400 so getting anywhere seems to take twice as long lol. And if its 25 miles then there is a possibility for 100 1/4 mile stabs, and I like to change the oil every 50 so :D

I still have a 200R4 and yes rear ends take a beating and sometimes they break lol...........

I agree with grumpy Drive it!!!!!

I drive my car like it's a taxi cab!