FASTEST stock longblock 109

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
what is the fastest full weight stock long block TR ? 10.60? what turbo converter?

what is the fastest full weight stock long block TR ? 10.60? what turbo converter?

I believe 10.60 has to be close...... I know Tim Stockwell ran around that back in the day.....with I believe a TA61 turbo.......and 32+psi boost....not sure on the converter......

Should be some interesting replies, wondering that myself. A neat bragging right, but it's kinda like bragging about how far you ran through a mine field before you blew a hole in a part....:D

didnt BISON run a 10 teen or something close to that. i remember seeing something about a 140k mile stock unopened long block awhile back.

didnt BISON run a 10 teen or something close to that. i remember seeing something about a 140k mile stock unopened long block awhile back.
It was a stock bottom end and 10.29@133.4. Not a stock longblock. Big difference. Touchy question though since most would have at least changed valvesprings and the timing chain for safety reasons. Better question would be stock bottom end and un ported heads with stock cam/head gaskets and fasteners. If someone had a good low mile stock block and cranked it hard for a couple balls out passes with a good converter and mega boost with a HPQ im sure it could make some low 10 sec power for a pass or two.

I no that RJC racing went 8.95 on the stock block

Actually it was Dick Kereny who did it not Jason. I think Jason has only ran in the mid/upper 9's. His car is more a street car running a 200r4 trans, his car is very very nice. Don Cruz has made 2 passes in the 8's, 8.97 and 8.89 if I'm not mistaking at 3550# with a 70mm turbo.

Actually it was Dick Kereny who did it not Jason. I think Jason has only ran in the mid/upper 9's. His car is more a street car running a 200r4 trans, his car is very very nice. Don Cruz has made 2 passes in the 8's, 8.97 and 8.89 if I'm not mistaking at 3550# with a 70mm turbo.

beat me to it.:biggrin:

When did that happen?:rolleyes:

Been several years ago...... don't know all the details but here is the jist of it:

Cal and Dick K. teamed up with Cal's big turbo and a few other parts I think..... and took some weight out of Kerney's car (like un-needed seats and such) and rented a track to be the first "stock block" to go 8's. They did just that. I think there is some info on that on RJC's website.......and seems like it also got a magazine write up..... maybe GMHTP? Anyway......to the best of my knowledge, they were the 1st to go 8's with a stock based 109 block......but make no mistake it wasn't in TSM legal trim.....not that it matters..... an 8 is an 8...... however you run it. I'm sure Cal can chime in and fill in the holes ......

Since then, there have been an 8 or two run in TSM legal trim.

Perhaps you had better define what you are talking about then. Stock as in completely stock motor + turbo + intercooler, or stock long block (unopened) but not including turbo and intercooler....etc. etc. etc...

SS Sean,
If you talking to me your missing it to. Pretty simple for me to understand. He states what turbo, converter, ect. ?
But STOCK LONG BLOCK !!

Long block = block, crank, pistons, heads.

Complete engine would include the turbo, intake, blah blah blah....

That being said, no stock long block has gone 8's or 9's.... :cool:

Maybe a stock bottom end with whatever turbo, heads, converter, etc... would be a better question?

I would be curious to know as well what's the fastest stock long block with untouched heads would be. I know of one locally that has gone 11.30. Can't remember the MPH. I think it's a 6262 but not sure.

Some of you guys are MISSING the post!! NOT built to the HILT 109 block.
STOCK LONG BLOCK !!!!

I started to comment how we had gotten OT..... but felt I could answer (for the most part) cme2fly's question........

IMHO....the OP was asking about unopened longblock......anything else goes.....

To me.....the most impressive stock longblock.....wasn't the quickest.....but did the most with the least......

Ed Brewer many years ago went 11.37 with a stock turbo.....stock (heads never been off) longblock....stock cam......etc......and only a dutt neck intercooler. To me that was big time impressive.