feels like a 1968 come back tour

WHOOSH86

Suckered by PTE.
My first post was in 96'..then there was the long absence.Wow havnt been on since dec 29 2005.........so got my budget roller in the ride along with all my kenny bell upgrades so what new innovations has there been in the past couple years?

No more budget roller cams:eek:

60 lb injectors, stock mafs and a eric marshall chip with a 67 turbo with heads and roller cam on meth gets you into the low 10s:eek:

BW

While you were gone, it was determined that the 87 GN is MUCH faster than the 86 GN. It turns out that the aerodynamics of that chrome strip above the grill causes a lot of wind drag, so a lightly modded 87 goes at least 5 MPH faster in the 1/4 than a similarly modded 86.
Of course this might also be caused by the budget roller going flat by the 1000' mark, but I'd swear it's the chrome strip!

long time no reply

Long time no see on the board stranger>>>>>>>>:cool: anyways.....see i always figured that, so I bought an 87 NOS grill back in the day.........but i was reading some of the parts posts and NOS grills are worth a small fortune, go figure. Wouldnt the reduction of wieght in rounded cam lobes equal less unsprung wieght of the car making it quicker than the 87?