Fiberglass and/or Carbon Fiber hoods and deck lids?

Fryguy

10 Second Club
Hello-

I'm looking for a glass hood and decklid for a Grand National. My car has a glass hood on it now, but the fit isn't great.

A quick search shows that the Hartline hood is the best glass hood? Who makes the best glass decklid?

I need bolt on, and not pin on stuff.

Thanks for any input!

Got impatient and ordered the decklid and front bumper from Kirban. They seem to have decent reviews.

They are on the front page. We are in MI now, and have already pre-sold all the ones we are bringing to BPG :frown:

They are on the front page. We are in MI now, and have already pre-sold all the ones we are bringing to BPG :frown:

I must be blind, sorry. The car has a glass hood on it now, but it doesn't fit great, and seems pretty heavy. I'm going to weigh it and see if it's worth getting one of yours to replace it.

Thanks!

Is anyone doing carbon fiber body panels or is there not enough demand?
Not enough demand to offset the high cost. Most people get all excited about carbon fiber at first until they see the cost of it then they say forget it unless they are really in need shedding some serious weight off the car and money isn't a factor.

SW.

Not enough demand to offset the high cost. Most people get all excited about carbon fiber at first until they see the cost of it then they say forget it unless they are really in need shedding some serious weight off the car and money isn't a factor.

SW.

What are the costs?

Hello-

I'm looking for a glass hood and decklid for a Grand National. My car has a glass hood on it now, but the fit isn't great.

A quick search shows that the Hartline hood is the best glass hood? Who makes the best glass decklid?

I need bolt on, and not pin on stuff.

Thanks for any input!
Did you get the Hartline fiberglass hood ?

kirban fit pretty good but its a racer underside with raw glass look
the vfn i have on my 87ttop looks just like stock on underside but it fit wasnt as good as the kirban ,by the pass tail lamp it was sprung out a little so didnt line up perfect with the quarter extension , but that may have been a unique issue with the one i got ,

both required sanding down (thinnning) the edge lip by the rear glass filler panel to clear without rub when opening
both required work to get the latch , key cylinder and retainer installed as they were cast closed
I initially removed both hood support rods with pins through the hinge but was able to use one of the hood struts and it stays up nicely

also when setting the fit for level i placed shims (like bump stops but they were just small bolts with washers to adjust height ) in the end holes on the rear deckpanel to keep the lid level