You can type here any text you want

fiberglass bumpers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chasmat2316

who sells the best fitting glass bumpers?
how well does Kirban's glass bumpers fit?

What ever you do, do not buy it from danko reproductions I have one on now and let me tell you, I,had to weld a fiberglass bumper to the car? Hardest thing I have did to the car yet. Kirban has quality products and I would have bought one from them if I could go back

I use Kirban's. I've seen the bumpers with the fake impact strip on them and hate them to death. I like the clean look and figured I could put the impact strip on later if I wanted. Never did.

As far as fit, I made my aluminum bumper supports adjustable for in and out movement so I could get them where I want them. Also I use shims behind the mounting surfaces to tweak them just right. I don't know if any others require this attention to detail when installing them to make them fit right. But I never complained about doing it this way because I thought this was just part of the deal when buying a fiberglass part.

Besides, I believe everything should get some attention to detail when installing it.

Bump.

So i plan to make my car more drag oriented, being lighter makes you faster, so id like to do a fiberglass front bumper.

Do i also need to buy aluminum supports for it, or do they come with a way to support it?

Does the fiberglass front bumper have openings for the turn signals?

What ever you do, do not buy it from danko reproductions
I agree 100% on the Danko fiberglass front bumper. It's :poop:! The recesses for the parking lights which are not correct, not deep enough and the lights don't fit flush against the bumper.:rolleyes:

Claude.

kirbans 2 cents worth

my son made the original casting for both the frotn and rear bumpers way back in 1989-90 off our personal GN. What he did was removed the rubber cushions fileld the holes so the bumper had the cleaner look which has been mentioned in this thread.

Of course it has the cutouts for the marker lites...for the front. Done in black gelcoat...they accept the factory shocks or the aluminum lite weight ones...yes you can actually drill and install a real bumper cushion if desired.

Are they show quality? No the purpose is for racing. You can sand and paint as you want.

They are in stock.

Spoolfool makes the fillers not bumpers although he has considered doing them and I am sure they would have a mirror finish but cost factor would be higher. We do have Mike working on a project for us over the winter and I recently gave him an idea for another project I like him to do.

Think it was Kenne Bell or ATR one of them also did glass bumpers years ago embossed their name on the front of the bumper if I recall.

One of the very first sets we sold went on the tubbed GNX out of Maryland Buddy Cox for those of you that have good memories....Our first glass hood went on Tweaked with the TA vents our idea.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Does anyone add bracing behind the bumper just for some protection?

I love GNS's new concept with their new one piece front and rear filler/bumper set-up. I just don't like the idea of the air-damn also being molded in. If GNS deleted the air-dam, I would be all over this! I wan't to see one prepped, painted and installed. Not just pictures...... in person. I noticed I can't cut the air-dam off because it's in plane with the area the license plate mounts. Too bad. And thank God there is no phony impact strip or bumper guards molded into it. Because no matter what, they always look like crap. It's better to put the originals accessories on yourself if you like them.

Still, for a plain decent fiberglass bumper, Kirban's is nice enough.

my thoughts exactly! I wud like to see it without the air dam and I wanna see it on a car cause u never know wat things look like till mounted.

I love GNS's new concept with their new one piece front and rear filler/bumper set-up. I just don't like the idea of the air-damn also being molded in. If GNS deleted the air-dam, I would be all over this! I wan't to see one prepped, painted and installed. Not just pictures...... in person. I noticed I can't cut the air-dam off because it's in plane with the area the license plate mounts. Too bad. And thank God there is no phony impact strip or bumper guards molded into it. Because no matter what, they always look like crap. It's better to put the originals accessories on yourself if you like them.

Still, for a plain decent fiberglass bumper, Kirban's is nice enough.

Does anyone add bracing behind the bumper just for some protection?
Forget protection. There is none. None at all. If you hit something.........the engine will land in your lap. If you add protection you then add the weight back.

But who wants to live forever? The only time it's really that good is when I'm driving my Buick.

Back