Finally gonna go with a hi stall converter. Who from?

Rayk

Let the Boost begin!
I've finally decided to get rid of the turbo lag from my TA62 by going with a higher stall converter. I'm currently running a restalled D5 (2800?) that worked great with my TA49. But, the lag with the TA62 is terrible.

My set-up is stock motor, 60 lb Inj., Champion irons, 3"DP, DeQuick stretch IC, Razor Alchy, and Eric Marshal chip. MAF is stock. Car ran 11.7 @ 117 with the TA49.

So, I want a single disc lock up and I'm thinking a 10" or 10.5 "@ 3200 would probably work for me. Do you guys concur and if so, who are the most frequently recommended vendors these days? I'd like not to have to spend $1000 if possible.

Dusty/ PTC is who I will be using next. Never heard anything but great stuff, very supportive guy.

I have a PATS 10 inch, 3,200 lock up. Stalls right at 3,200 rpm as was advertised, works great on the street. I am very happy with it. Mods in Sig. Look up PATS converters.

We only sell PTC Convertors for a reason :) . I actually suprised you're having such a hard time spooling the 6262

We only sell PTC Convertors for a reason :) . I actually suprised you're having such a hard time spooling the 6262

Well, it's a TA62 with a Precision housing and I'm pushing through an old BGC downpipe so, maybe that has something to do with it. It's not really that bad but 1st gear is the worst when I punch it from a start.

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys. After talking with Kevin at KDK automotive and confirming that he also installs lots of PTC converters, I called Dusty and ordered the 10" lock-up single disc for my car. It should be here next week.

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys. After talking with Kevin at KDK automotive and confirming that he also installs lots of PTC converters, I called Dusty and ordered the 10" lock-up single disc for my car. It should be here next week.

good choice!