Finally got some time.

Nice work Charlie:biggrin: Hey ZNix, this is the fun part, then comes the filler and the countless hours of sanding:rolleyes:

Not worried about the filler yet Jase. Just trying to get her on the road for now.:) Jake responded to my PM and said no problem but I need to call him when I'm ready to do the tranny. I'm sure he'll make sure that the tranny is right and he's got a test vehicle that it will probibly go in to make sure.:cool:

man those body panels are looking hot Charlie... Im going to need you to fix my cancer!

A.j.

I'll be doing the cancer on my land lords Jeep when I get the car out of the shop next Aj. It's an old Wagon from the 50's and it's much worse since I'll have to make panels for it from scratch.:frown:

When I get the time to come out for a visit I'll see about it Aj but right now I'm getting more people wanting me to do work like this now.:eek: I have a feeling I may get more out of this than I planned.:cool:

I'll be doing the cancer on my land lords Jeep when I get the car out of the shop next Aj. It's an old Wagon from the 50's and it's much worse since I'll have to make panels for it from scratch.:frown:

When I get the time to come out for a visit I'll see about it Aj but right now I'm getting more people wanting me to do work like this now.:eek: I have a feeling I may get more out of this than I planned.:cool:

agh thats a man when I hear it! good to see were both finally getting out of this rut! I's thinks we's stands to's makes somes goooooooooods moneys brother!

damn you Obama Bin Laden!

A.j.

its strange that when people find out you do rust repair they want you to do it. always at car show i get people wanting me to work on there cars. i even get pm's here of people who want me to do there car. i cant complain you get payed well for the work. i think the next car i do i will try that panel adhesive they sell. i want to see if it is truely stronger than a weld.

its strange that when people find out you do rust repair they want you to do it. always at car show i get people wanting me to work on there cars. i even get pm's here of people who want me to do there car. i cant complain you get payed well for the work. i think the next car i do i will try that panel adhesive they sell. i want to see if it is truely stronger than a weld.

The ironic part is this is the first time I've ever done anything like this. I don't have any intentions of opening a body shop but a rusto shop would be fairly easy to do.:biggrin: LOL

My old boss didn't have a clue and wanted me to take the frame out of his 74 charger. He never knew it was a uni-chasis. I think I'll take the car by and show him what he missed out on by getting rid of me.:biggrin:

The ironic part is this is the first time I've ever done anything like this. I don't have any intentions of opening a body shop but a rusto shop would be fairly easy to do.:biggrin: LOL

My old boss didn't have a clue and wanted me to take the frame out of his 74 charger. He never knew it was a uni-chasis. I think I'll take the car by and show him what he missed out on by getting rid of me.:biggrin:

rust repair is a lost art I guess. everyone want that one guy who has done some of it. the hardest part is the filler work if you get that down your in business.

Here's a few links to some of the parts I hope to be ordering soon for the car. Nothing exotic but it will help it hook up better. I haven't decided on the rear upper control arm bushings for the frame side yet but the rest I have. The spherical bearings would keep the bind issue to a minimum but I'm not to sure on how long they'll last right now.

1973-88 GM Midsize Rear Control Arm Spherical Bushing

GM Midsize Offset Rear Control Arm Bushings

Here's the upper control arms I'll be using on the front.:biggrin:

IMCA Approved Spec Stock Car Control Arm

For some reason this link isn't working right but it's the lower front bushings sold at $12.99 each.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Urethane-Lower-A-Arm-Bushings,3317.html

Now it is. :biggrin:

rust repair is a lost art I guess. everyone want that one guy who has done some of it. the hardest part is the filler work if you get that down your in business.

That`s the truth... try driving round here, you'll see cars rusted so damn bad, you can look through to the other side... there is a box caprice that looks like Swiss cheese:biggrin:

indeed. ever since cars became disposable; people have just not put in time or effort to prevent rust or repair rust....hell nowadays you'll see more rusted hot rods that were purposely built that way....kind of annoys me. hey, this is my current driver; what extra steps did i miss between rubbing compound and wax? (this is a single stage paintjob from GM, a 1983 olds)
DSCN2138.jpg

its got half a 301 in there (2.5L Iron Duke TBI engine) lol...

when i kill the 3 speed and find a 4 speed to swap into it :D

heres what the engine bay looks like; with the 2.5 TBI engine and the original shiney paint

DSCN2142.jpg

and the plate with info....since theres no SPID label, this is all i have to go off of on paint codes 62U and 62L and one other code is for trim....anybody have 1983 GM paint code book or something?

DSCN2144.jpg

lol; its damn near impossible to find SD stuff on the cheap; and I think the consensus among the Fiero fans is that unless i have a SD block, all the mods to the top wil lcount for naught (grenade the block)

LOL:biggrin: There is a guy on TB that turboed a FWD century using a RWD inner cooled 3.8 and it was sick!:biggrin: He has some videos on youtube, I forgot what his names was.

actually.....its Turbokinetic and he used an LG3 FWD SFI 3.8 as the base engine for his turbo century..... the LG3, with only the bellhousing bolt pattern is for all intents and purpose a relative of the RWD 3.8s

actually.....its Turbokinetic and he used an LG3 FWD SFI 3.8 as the base engine for his turbo century..... the LG3, with only the bellhousing bolt pattern is for all intents and purpose a relative of the RWD 3.8s

Yeah, that`s him:biggrin: Maybad, I thought he used a RWD block... I know he used the parts off one anyway. Lots of work to make that happen... too much work if you ask me.

welp; he just did another LG3 turbo century, total cost in materials plus car itself was somethign like $1200......think $400 for the car, the rest being the parts and materials and good turbo...a Garrett i think.... he also did a 3.0 block with a 79 riv turbo intake manifold and turbo, I posted pics of that engine here....he swapped it for the LG3 SFI turbo thats shown on TB somewhere. also scored a 3.1 TGP turbo system and manifold for his 2.8L ciera lol.

I found out that the 2.5 is hal;f a 301; and has 9.0:1 CR compared to the 301T's 7.5....i was considering turbo'ing the 2.5 using the 301T stuff, but the block being 27 years old and at 65K miles...i;m leery of it. oh yeah i paid $300 cash for the car :D (and it runs great, need replace or repair radiator leak tho dammit lol)