Finally got some time.

Probably not as much as I hate/love body work.
I have some I'll send you some cans maybe with the heads.

Honestly they should have been sent out months and months and months ago, The same time I finish this Mustang up is probably about the time I'll have the cash to ship the heads.

LOL Between you and David I'll have to mark them so I know which is which I guess. He finally got another set and I think he's got them at the machine shop for checking. Hope they're good so he can get them here soon.

How much Jase? Looks good. Now on to more of the rust removal.:biggrin:

Well I started on the other side today and didn't think it would be that bad. Once again I was wrong.:frown: I was hoping that the inner was ok but I was wrong. The plug wasn't sealed properly and the wheel well has some damage.:mad: I'm glad I got as much of the fender as I did now. I havent decided whether or not to cut the area of the plug out and replace it or try and weld the area up yet. I'll decide later which I'm gonna do.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 365
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCN0009.jpg
    DSCN0009.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCN0010.JPG
    DSCN0010.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 356
On the good side I left plenty of meat on the new outer skin this time so I won't be adding a strip to it like I did on the other side.::frown::biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0011.jpg
    DSCN0011.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 351
wow damage on the other side, that stinks. i bet theres even more on the front of the quarter but i hope i'm wrong. glad to see its all comming along.

Hey Charlie, popping in to see how your project is coming. Looks like your rust issues are slowly disappearing! Congrats! Mine are slowly as well since I finally figured out the MIG welder we have. (lots of practice!). I have my parts regal that is helping me tremendously with sheet-metal. None of mine is after market! All genuine GM ;).

ZNix

Hey Charlie, popping in to see how your project is coming. Looks like your rust issues are slowly disappearing! Congrats! Mine are slowly as well since I finally figured out the MIG welder we have. (lots of practice!). I have my parts regal that is helping me tremendously with sheet-metal. None of mine is after market! All genuine GM ;).

ZNix

wow nice to see a younger verson of me.lol :tongue:Are you doing the bodywork yourself like i did?

ZNix

LOL I was hoping you'd join us. Matts a body guy so PM him questions and he'll be a ble to answer them better than I can.:biggrin:

I'm fortunate in that I got the rears before they crushed all the cars. I found a yard that had several to pick from and all of them were rust free. Just wish I'd picked up the radiator support from the GP I was eyeing. It's gone now though.:frown:

Wow, that is some hard work! Looks great! The thread is very interesting so far:biggrin:

Wow, that is some hard work! Looks great! The thread is very interesting so far:biggrin:

Thanks Bud. You might want to pay attention when I take the rear out so you can spot the mod I'll be doing. It's very hard to see if you don't know about it.:biggrin: My friends are suprised it looks as good as it does and so am I.

If everything goes well I'll have her up and running before September and that'll give me a month to get the bugs ironed out for Noble. Ty said he's going this year so maybe you can join us as well this year.:biggrin:

Yes I am. All myself. So far its going well.

glad to hear that why pay someone alot of money for something you can do yourself. charlie is right i do bodywork alot if you see my sig you can see the restoration i did on my car. if you have questions i would more than happy to help.

glad to hear that why pay someone alot of money for something you can do yourself. charlie is right i do bodywork alot if you see my sig you can see the restoration i did on my car. if you have questions i would more than happy to help.

Thanks, I actually have one question that I posted in my forum. But I will PM you instead of hijacking Charlie's channel. And I will watch your youtube video when I am done typing the PM. Sounds interesting :D.

Thanks, I actually have one question that I posted in my forum. But I will PM you instead of hijacking Charlie's channel. And I will watch your youtube video when I am done typing the PM. Sounds interesting :D.

Thanks. We do a lot of side tracking in this section. If you want a good example click on the second link i my sig and read the turbo thread. It's been jacked so much I'll have to re-write it when I'm done so it'll maybe become a sticky. It's really long and not done yet though. I can't finish it until I get the car to the point that I need it.:redface:

I`ll PM you Charlie... Body work is looking good. ZNix: 15yo:eek: I wish my lil cousins took after you, cause they sure don't with me:rolleyes: Trying to get them to help me is like saying "hay, take this sledge hammer and bash the crap out of my car" lol:biggrin:

Thanks Jase. ZNix is just starting his and he's got a good grasp of what's going on. He'll probibly need as much help and advice as I do so help from you would be great.