Finally !!!! It runs !!

Grumpy

Thread killer
Well Russ had to lite a fire under my ass to get it in gear and DO something:eek: He came up so ya I put him to work!! At the end of the day it was a RUNNING CAR !! :p Still have to do some "cleaning up" and put the interior back together. take out the old harness (idiot lights goin off ) Car is nice and quiet !! :cool:

Attachments

• 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 477
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 426
:eek:Sumthin tells me you would have dropped that engine in a golf cart if it was doable. Hope you have those front seats bolted down real good if you get that thing to hook up.

well it's a stock shortblock with fair heads and turbo from Melissa's 10.10 car. Prob about 700# lighter than hers though :eek: Have her/my old motor 9.9 @ 138 sitting on a engine stand waiting to go in the car as long as I like it :p .. Set up with as much "stock" stuff as I could do. Buick engine and trans, wiring harness, V4 stock location intercooler and a 8.8 Ford rear end . Did a sub frame for the rear end.. If ya break it a Mustang one bolts right in place. Basically the Shell, front suspension, gas tank and the interior is the only thing Mazda left. Has a cage in it that I have to paint before we throw the interior back in.
..Should be a blast to have fun with some "imports". Just leave the hood shut. Really quiet !! Tires may give it away a little BUT then when they see an old buzzard driving it... well you know the rest :biggrin:

Attachments

• 100_1375.jpg
    100_1375.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 408
  • 100_1378.jpg
    100_1378.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 406
Finally!!
Very cool project Dan. You've got to let us know when you take it up to NED...I'd love to see the Rice boys faces! :eek: :D

Finally!!
Very cool project Dan. You've got to let us know when you take it up to NED...I'd love to see the Rice boys faces! :eek: :D

That will be fun to watch. I bet a few runs will be done on a track rental day first though.;)

well we will drive the hell out of it as soon as its nice out.. we will get most of it sorted out before we hit the track ..

Anybody with 1/2 a brain see's those rear tires will think:eek:

Guess that will leave the ricers out of knowing what ya got:p

Needs a HUGE wing...... lol

Anybody with 1/2 a brain see's those rear tires will think:eek:

Guess that will leave the ricers out of knowing what ya got:p

Needs a HUGE wing...... lol

Needs this trick ballar combination power bulge and hood scoop and engine compartment vent

Civichoodroof.jpg

CONGRATS!!!

now get that car on a trailer and hope to see you in North Carolinina!!!!

JD

Finally!!

I second that motion^ post in the new england section with some heads up so some of us can come watch it run.

very ,very cool project - lots of ls1's going in those cars nice to see a 3.8