You can type here any text you want

Finally put my car on the DYNO

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Scott,

Those are some great #'s. Congrats!! Now it's time to put in a bigger cam and see what happens. :D

Neal

IF and thats a big IF, it gets a new cam I think it will be a solid roller. Right now I'm happy driving it and laying waste to anyone that crosses my path. :smile:

Scott,
Not meant to hijack your thread however comparing your combo to mine, (I have a FT 206/210 roller with Champion heads and Champion ported stock intake manifold) I noticed both our cars have some similarities. Notice at 5K and 6200 RPM, the power level is the same. Mine does the exact same thing except yours makes much more peak HP than mine. :eek: It makes me wonder if this is a characteristic of the stock intake manifold. Your cam is much larger than mine therefore I think we both assumed a larger cam should have peak power at a higher RPM.

Ed, Your numbers are great. 500 is nothing to be ashamed of for sure. Also your numbers are uncorrected and my numbers are SAE, which is a bit higher I believe depending on altitude and barometric conditions.
Although I'm happy with my numbers I just didn't expect it to drop off especially as sharply as it did prior to 6K. I have an ongoing thread in General Tech but haven't gotten back anything definitive. You might be onto something with the intake although I specifically asked Dan Strezo about the intake and he told me he thought the stock ported intake was good to 1000 HP :eek: So who knows? Certainly not me.

IF and thats a big IF, it gets a new cam I think it will be a solid roller. Right now I'm happy driving it and laying waste to anyone that crosses my path. :smile:

Scott,

I agree. Your combo works so well you should stick with it. If it ends up being a problem with not enough RPM to make it thru the traps then a larger solid roller cam would be the ticket.

Happy New Year

Neal

I saw that too. I figured it was straight race gas without ALKY spray.

I'd love to hear what Dan says about the intake.

Lean? Oh come on! Lean is mean right? ;)
Injector DC's were above 90%...

as promised got to go for a ride in the beast, that thing is FAST:eek::eek::eek:

Hey Scott
thanks for the ride and parts

My pleasure fellas. Shift light (6200) in 3rd = 154 mph :eek: OF course it's not really the speed its the amount of time it takes to get there.
Disclaimer: Both of these rides took place on a sanctioned track not on public roadways.

I'd love to hear what Dan says about the intake.

Ed, Spoke to Dan this morning. He re-emphasized that a Champion intake will give me nothing. I still want one cuz they're sexy though. He thought I was running too much timing (24) and possibly a backpressure issue. Next time I'll open the exhaust and drop timing to 21 and see what happens.

Hey Scott,
I think i remember Bison stating somewhere that he advanced cam timing to help lower back pressure, not completely sure just thought i would mention, i tried to search but came up with nothing

Scott,
Have you had a chance to try anything new on your combo this year? Do you have a 3 bolt turbo? I also had to get one of those new Champion intakes manifolds for my new build. Just because it's sexy... :D

Hi Ed, Unfortunately, I didn't make it out this spring when the weather was good. Now I'm stuck in Alabama until June. Looks like it will be fall until the conditions are good.

Hmmm, I wonder what your doing wrong this guy here claims he made 730rwhp on only 24psi 18* of timing, smaller 6567 billet wheels precision turbo, stock GN1 heads out of the box and smaller 212/212 hydraulic roller cam, he posted his combo too so everyone could read it and also posted dyno runs, of course he had XFI tuned by Cal but i doubt that will make that much of a difference. :rolleyes:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/time-slip-combo-database/345289-how-much-hp-will-make.html

Back