You can type here any text you want

Finally put my car on the DYNO

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I've been sharing info for years, if you search my posts you'll find pretty much everything. Here's the short story. 109 motor with 70 HPQ, GN1 heads, 218 hyd roller, RJC front mount, TH400 w/PTC, TurboTweak SD chip. Thanks all for the congrats and Merry Christmas.

ok,,I hope this isn't a dumb question but how fast can you go on a SD chip?? cause mid nines is awesome!

Fastest ECM/chip pass that I'm aware of is 9.30 by a guy named Walt. He runs the MaxEffort Mafless chip which is what I ran on my 9.56 run. I don't have any times with the TT SD chip yet. In my opinion the dragstrip performance is similar but street drivability is better with the TT. I can set separate target a/f ratios for idle, part throttle, and WOT. Works pretty good.

For the Vegas guys if anybody wants to dyno. I highly recommend Sam at Fairway. Awesome guy and cut me a great deal as well. Shoot, I'm ready to go again. It was a blast.

nice man, now you can see where you should shift it at. looks like around 57-5800 to keep it in the power band

I could be wrong, but my thinking is the shift point should be before peak HP, not after, since there is usually a RPM drop when shifting to a higher gear. :confused:

I'm certainly not disappointed but I would think this motor shouldn't fall off sub 6000. I just posed the question in General Tech so we'll see.

I could be wrong, but my thinking is the shift point should be before peak HP, not after, since there is usually a RPM drop when shifting to a higher gear. :confused:

nick, im all ears. My thinking is, you would want to shift it just pass peak power because the gear change/rpm drop is going to bring it well bellow peak power. With shifting right past peak power that will drop it down closer to peak power?

IE. lets say peak power is 5600.. Lets shift at 5800, RPMS drop lets say 800 so that brings it back to 5000 which is close to our peak power of 5600.

lets say peak power is at 5600.. lets shift at 5350 right before our peak power of 5600. now our rpms drop 800 so that brings it back to 4650 rpms which is quit aways away from peak power?

I don't know just thinking out loud

You are right Brent, my brain was in a holiday mode and thinking backwards.

Good thing I was not drinking! :biggrin:

lol, ok thought i was losing it for a sec. merry christmas nick to you and your family

I've been sharing info for years, if you search my posts you'll find pretty much everything. Here's the short story. 109 motor with 70 HPQ, GN1 heads, 218 hyd roller, RJC front mount, TH400 w/PTC, TurboTweak SD chip. Thanks all for the congrats and Merry Christmas.

Cool thats amazing numbers, What brand cam or whom did you get the cam from?

That is a ton of power in a street car. Congrats. Very impressive.

What was your flash stall speed on the strip @ 29psi?

Don't think I've ever ran it that high at the track. How do I measure that? Is it right when the trans brake releases?

Scott,
Not meant to hijack your thread however comparing your combo to mine, (I have a FT 206/210 roller with Champion heads and Champion ported stock intake manifold) I noticed both our cars have some similarities. Notice at 5K and 6200 RPM, the power level is the same. Mine does the exact same thing except yours makes much more peak HP than mine. :eek: It makes me wonder if this is a characteristic of the stock intake manifold. Your cam is much larger than mine therefore I think we both assumed a larger cam should have peak power at a higher RPM.

Ignore my HP numbers... Umm, I was sick that day. :D
Turbo is T64E/TE45A @ 21-22 PSI, 21 degrees timing.

Attachments

• 206_210_T64E_GN1.jpg
    206_210_T64E_GN1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 424
Back