Finally Ran at the track.

GTABurnout

Well I finally made it to SIR for a test and tune day. Now remember that I have never raced at a track. Well I bassaclly wanted to get a good base on what the car is capable of in full street trim. Meaning drive it there and just run it with out droping tire pressure or weight. At 15 psi on a safe chip it went 13.7 at 104 mph with a 2.6 60'. sad I know, but I didn't brake boost in to and actual boost so it was a bad launch. The next run felt faster but it ended up being a 13.7 at 103.8 mph. Of course no 60' was given due to a bad senser. So I figured with a better launch I could go faster. Well then some one broke and oiled down the track. In the hour I had to sit there I decided to chang the chip to a more agressive street tune one. I put that in and launched from 1-2psi and ran my best at 13.4 at 107 mph. Again the 60' senser messed up. Well I was more then happy with that so I called it a day plus the air was getting hotter and cars were losing mph. Well the greatness of living in Tucson. January Track days.

Good 1st Run

Nice run. You are right, get your 60' down and you're on your way to better times.

15 psi? Throw some Xylene in there and adj. it for 18 psi and you'll have 12's........................................

Sticky tires, launch with a little boost, hook up and you'll have a mid 12 with that mph. Race gas and chip goes a long ways too, but that's been mentioned. I have to run 20 to 22 psi boost on a stock turbo with race gas and chip to get that mph. Tim

GTABurnout- how the heck do you get a 2.6 sixty foot?? were you slowly givin it gas or were you spinning the tires? sure it wasnt raining there?? ;) :p

i really like your sig, its so dang true cause ive been razzin everyone about the true replacement for displacement for years... your sig sums it up,... technology.

Thanks for all the cool word guys. Like I said it was my first time at the track so I had no clue what to do. Next time I will up the boost and run some race gas. What do i need to do to run leaded race gas? I want to try it. 12s would be soo cool all the guys I run with have the 12 sec barrior that is the huge step.

Originally posted by GTABurnout
Thanks for all the cool word guys. Like I said it was my first time at the track so I had no clue what to do. Next time I will up the boost and run some race gas. What do i need to do to run leaded race gas? I want to try it. 12s would be soo cool all the guys I run with have the 12 sec barrior that is the huge step.

the car will go 12's right now with just sticky tires and a decent launch, so bust those locks and borrow some tires youll be in te mid 12's for sure just the way it sits.

No need for leaded fuel. Fill up with 4 gallons of 100 unleaded and one gallon of Xylene and you won't have a problem........

Originally posted by trading t/a
No need for leaded fuel. Fill up with 4 gallons of 100 unleaded and one gallon of Xylene and you won't have a problem........

no no no.... 3 gallons of xylene, splash of marvels mystery oil, and a full tank of 91 octane and you got a FULL TANK OF 100 OCTANE to last you the entire week..

go to sherman williams and purchase 5 gallons of xylene at less than 5 bucks a gallon

HTH

thats what i used to do.. and my TTA went 12.40's on pump gas and xylene with a race chip when it was stock..

id run a street chip, good gas and up the boost around 21 psi...
what injectors do you have??

email me at
wanner@kc.rr.com
i can help you get that TTA running pretty fast ...

BRYAN

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
no no no.... 3 gallons of xylene, splash of marvels mystery oil, and a full tank of 91 octane and you got a FULL TANK OF 100 OCTANE to last you the entire week..
go to sherman williams and purchase 5 gallons of xylene at less than 5 bucks a gallon
HTH
thats what i used to do.. and my TTA went 12.40's on pump gas and xylene with a race chip when it was stock..

id run a street chip, good gas and up the boost around 21 psi...
what injectors do you have??

email me at
wanner@kc.rr.com
i can help you get that TTA running pretty fast ...

BRYAN

well his car will go mid 12's if he just launches it better, hes running a JL18deg chip and 15# to get the feel of the car, being he is new to the TB thing. the car has 50# inj so there plenty to move up to when he feels more comfortable.

Hunter, as said, pour some better gas and turn it up to 20# and youll **** bricks with traction of course, and thats the real bottom line.

Thanks phil and everyone else. I am getting the hang of this I will be running again on the 31 so I will be sure to keep you posted and the boost will rise odds are not on slicks yet though.

Hunter, If you can find a set of rear rims, My ET-Streets are sitting in the garage not mounted. I will probably come out to the track with you if you want. Need to break the 12 second barrier myself.

Hows it going rick, I guess one of my friends works with your wife. His name is Ricky Anderson. Well I an looking at hitting 12 on street tiers if at all possable.

107 MPH= 12.50's with a 1.80 sixty foot. You are there you just dont see it! You can run 1.80's with street tires you just need to practice. I ran 12:49@107 with hard street radials on the car.

Good Luck!:D

Originally posted by Hyper
107 MPH= 12.50's with a 1.80 sixty foot. You are there you just dont see it! You can run 1.80's with street tires you just need to practice. I ran 12:49@107 with hard street radials on the car.

Good Luck!:D

Yes I went 2.0 on the tires he has. so he has it, SEAT TIME.!!!

If 107 equals a 12.5 what does my 114mph net? Not like I have stickies yet anyway. What's the math equation for that.....

If 107 equals a 12.5 what does my 114mph net? Not like I have stickies yet anyway. What's the math equation for that.....

You see I kinda went on the 2.6 60ft being reduced to somewhere close to 2.0 well thatd be a .6sec reduction in 60ft which would be APPROX a .9-1.0 sec reduction in ET, everything else being the same thus his 13.4then = 12.5!!!

BAck to you, 114, assuming your car weighs about what others do 3650#, that equates to APPROX 422RWHP

usuing that and your weight, I come up with a possible ET of 11.90's. PLEASE these are just apporximations, way to many factors still come into play.

My experience tells me you can proabbly go faster than that.

Just bustin chops Phil! I should be good for 11.70's-11.90's at 18 psi with a 1.6-1.7 60'. Waiting on my Extender to get back so I can put the 50's in and turn it up to 25 psi. All I'm looking for is a good 11 sec pass to get thrown off the track(haha). I'm still running stock stall so I believe I could go very low 11's with a 2800 stall/slicks/race gas and 25 psi. If I go any higher the 44 may be beyond it's efficiency range(a 63 would rock!)

Just bustin chops Phil! I should be good for 11.70's-11.90's at 18 psi with a 1.6-1.7 60'. Waiting on my Extender to get back so I can put the 50's in and turn it up to 25 psi. All I'm looking for is a good 11 sec pass to get thrown off the track(haha). I'm still running stock stall so I believe I could go very low 11's with a 2800 stall/slicks/race gas and 25 psi. If I go any higher the 44 may be beyond it's efficiency range(a 63 would rock!)

HEHEHE and I went all out on that for ya!!!

Well I dont think you need anything bigger than the TE44, if you look at my old combo(GTABURNOUT'S car now), I had a few convo with PTE and they felt the TE44 was plenty big enough for that combination to possibly go 10's, of course I made mention I wanted this to be a street driven often car. so the TE44 would need to be pushed to high boost.