Finally Sprayed the GN...

i don't mind posting some results from my first few passes with a 50 shot on my 49 car.the nitrous works and you can more than feel it.my initial idea was to use it to drop the 60ft and 330 down because i was happy with the backhalf of the track,but i just couldn't shut her down;) 1.60 60ft and no loading on the boost,with 19psi going into the motor,11.80 at 113mph laying her down up top.22psi run, idle launch,1.73 60ft 11.54 at 117.50 laying her down at 1100 feet.my runs are not on kill mode they were get to know the nitrous runs.i feel i can better my 11.41-11.50 at 119 mph passes which needed more boost and much more loading of the turbo to 60ft.my afr was 10.5 all the way with no boost spiking and bootle pressure was just in the yellow on the gauge.it's just to bad you can't go unger 11.50 without a bar:biggrin:

Thanks for the tips, I shoot for 900 psi as well. I'm pretty sure my *main* problem is the broken exhaust hanger, allowing the downpipe to beat the floor board to death. Before it broke, I had no issues. Now that its hitting, I get false knock retard, and *that* is when the popping takes place. Impossible to get my tune on when my timing is sporadic.

I know about backfires, don't care for them, I got real lucky.

On my 1.58 60' pass, I only used the NO2 to get a good launch dependon the turbo after that. I haven't gotten as much time tuning after the launch because of the downpipe, so the bottle will remain out until I get another converter hanger on the way (or make something work). As far as plugs are concerned, I'm running autolite 23's, but I'm gonna try bringing the gap down some more. I'm gonna give .28 a shot and see how long they last.

I just recently installed a 3.5" Maf (had a 3" on it) as well as an air filter that actually allows it to breath (my old Kenne Bell collapsed), changed the fuel filter, and did some other minor odds and ends. So I still have some tuning to do and bugs to work out. Gonna be a lil while because I'm busy right now, and its hot outside, but I'm gonna get it dialed in.

Game plan is to get the exhaust fixed, make some turbo only passes just to make sure everything is reading right (and safe). Then I'm gonna bring the kit in, in portions. Spray for launch only, tune it for that, and see how it does. After I've done that, I'm going to *attempt* to tune for a complete pass. I have a separate fuel system strictly for NO2, that I intend on installing if I plan on spraying for a full pass as well. I believe my fuel system would appreciate that, and I'm less likely to run into fuel shortage issues. I'm counting on that to cure some of the cutting out I run into in 3rd gear, because it starts to run more lean as the pass goes on, which leads me to believe it may be too much for the fuel system, since the bottle pressure will drop over the course of a run, so if the fuel system is sufficient, and the tune is on, it should actually start to run a tad more rich as the run comes to an end.

That being said, I would ask your thoughts on the NANO setups, but thats a completely different thread :)

Mr. Spool,

Good times, especially with the mods you listed.....whats the rest of the combo? :)

-Will

tarzan,ta49,411 gears,dynotech trans with a 10.5 protorque,stock heads with a mild port and 1.65 rockers,ported intake,009's and alkycontrol dual nozzle,and now a nx wet kit;)