Finally Sprayed the GN...

I was running 112 oct/alcohol and 24psi with the 75 shot. Went through at least 6-7 bottles before poping a HG racing an R6 to 140 mph. If you keep timing conservative, run good gas, and dont hot lap or stay in it through overdrive you should be fine. NOTE: I also ran 1 size bigger on the fuel just to be safe. I wanted to build a new motor so i really didnt car if something happened.

I was running 112 oct/alcohol and 24psi with the 75 shot. Went through at least 6-7 bottles before poping a HG racing an R6 to 140 mph. If you keep timing conservative, run good gas, and dont hot lap or stay in it through overdrive you should be fine. NOTE: I also ran 1 size bigger on the fuel just to be safe. I wanted to build a new motor so i really didnt car if something happened.

What timing for the 75 & 100 shot? and what are you using for a "chip" (MaxEffort? XFI? Stock?)

(75 shot / stock motor) was a Joe Lubrant 22* timing i believe
(100 shot / built motor) Maft Pro set at 24* timing

(75 shot / stock motor) was a Joe Lubrant 22* timing i believe
(100 shot / built motor) Maft Pro set at 24* timing
Run that thing and post the mph. A lot of us cant wait to see the numbers with the N2O. Then convert to a 4 bolt and see how much you pick up with the N2O. It should be a huge gain with all that exhaust energy from the N2O.

I'm looking at a larger turbo right now....should make the nitrous more useful ;)

-Will

i can't wait until my regal gets done i want to juice it so bad.
i will also start slow and low
with a starting point of wet 50 HP shot.
So keep the info comming guys.
David

Im going to start off with a 35 shot out the gate to help spool the 70GTQ with.85 exhaust housing;)

If you have less than a 3400 at zero boost/vacuum stall then i would use a 75 shot;)

horse power at the press of a button!

Always good to here about the spray:cool: :D ;) :) :biggrin:

Put fresh plugs in, gapped down a lil farther, and the car took 26 lbs. and a 50 shot LIKE A CHAMP!!! Thanks guys :)

-Will

Put fresh plugs in, gapped down a lil farther, and the car took 26 lbs. and a 50 shot LIKE A CHAMP!!! Thanks guys :)

-Will

Get us some numbers. Id love to see the mph. Do you have a girdled engine?

how do you have the bottle mounted and what brackets are you using?

i think mine's about to get a good old fiddy shot :eek:

Bison,

Engine is stock, as far as I know...Only traps 110ish, highest is 112, turbo only. Car came with 3.70's in it, and I run a 26" tire. Shifts into 4th about 1000' out. Have some higher gears to try out, because the car is too low for a 28' tire....Then I should be able to find out what it can do.

Vortech,

I'd just mount it with regular brackets, in the trunk, making sure the bottle nozzle is elevated higher than the bottom end. I'd advise starting with a 35 shot, and watching your scanmater and boost gauge, to watch for boost creep and knock retard

-Will

Update....

Well, I upped to a true 75 (I.E. @ the tires), the car now has a 6131 on it, I stepped the gear down a bit (now running 3.20's), did the typical drum brake modifications, and did some other minor odds and ends...

Car ran a 13.5 in true street trim, low boost, pump gas, easy launch, shakedown pass....

Next pass, boost was @ 19.5 w/o NO2 and about 22.5 on the kit. Cut a 1.58 short time on the same drag radials I DD, and ran a 12.0 @112.....My converter hanger gave out on me, the exhaust started trying to beat through the floorboard, and I thought my 19.9* of KR was coming from the NO2 or the tune.....the exhaust was just hitting the bad, regardless, I was off the juice about 400' out. Still looking for 11's...

3rd pass, it didn't hook quite as well but still cut a low 1.7, and either I blew out the spark or the extreme amount of KR (again, from the dang exhaust) caused it to cut out, had a mild nitrous backfire (wasn't the first, won't be the last.....it didn't hurt anything) and got on the brakes about the 1000' mark and ran a 12.50@81....

Once I get the new exhaust hanger on, I'm gonna toss some new plugs in there, gap them down a bit more, and try it again....I'm hoping for some mid 11's at the least.

Again, just an update

-Will

I heard crickets chirping in this thread so I thought I'd say thanks for the update. Nice to see someone trying NOS and posting results.

Update....

Well, I upped to a true 75 (I.E. @ the tires), the car now has a 6131 on it, I stepped the gear down a bit (now running 3.20's), did the typical drum brake modifications, and did some other minor odds and ends...

Car ran a 13.5 in true street trim, low boost, pump gas, easy launch, shakedown pass....

Next pass, boost was @ 19.5 w/o NO2 and about 22.5 on the kit. Cut a 1.58 short time on the same drag radials I DD, and ran a 12.0 @112.....My converter hanger gave out on me, the exhaust started trying to beat through the floorboard, and I thought my 19.9* of KR was coming from the NO2 or the tune.....the exhaust was just hitting the bad, regardless, I was off the juice about 400' out. Still looking for 11's...

3rd pass, it didn't hook quite as well but still cut a low 1.7, and either I blew out the spark or the extreme amount of KR (again, from the dang exhaust) caused it to cut out, had a mild nitrous backfire (wasn't the first, won't be the last.....it didn't hurt anything) and got on the brakes about the 1000' mark and ran a 12.50@81....

Once I get the new exhaust hanger on, I'm gonna toss some new plugs in there, gap them down a bit more, and try it again....I'm hoping for some mid 11's at the least.

Again, just an update

-Will

Check your nitrous mxiture. Make sure it's on the rich side.
Watch your bottle pressure. On a hot day the bottle pressure will rise and cause your mixture to lean. I setup my nitrous mixture so that 900 psi bottle pressure becomes a lower limit. Anything less than 900 psi and the mixture becomes too rich and I can get missing. At 900 psi, the nitrous system works very nice. At pressures over 900 psi, WoW! The point is, I have it setup rich enough that when the bottle pressure starts rising on me, it's still safe. At least the way I'm using it. You guys keeping it on the whole run are crazy. Just don't get carried away. It's much safer to rely on the turbo side with a little juice rather than depend too heavy on the nitrous side.

Avoid nitrous backfires if you can. The one time I had a nitrous backfire was during the one and only time I tried keeping the nitrous on the whole run. I was a little reckless with the tuneup and I had an intake backfire during second gear. I found melted ground electrodes and broken porcelains that took out my T70 turbine wheel. I needed to upgrade the turbo anyway, but the point is, I got off easy. It could have been much worse.

The pops are a good clue that things are getting hot in the cylinder. Adjust fueling and/or timing to cool it down. Make sure the spark plugs are colder. Cut the ground electrodes back as far as possible to keep them from overheating. Watch engine and IAT temps. If things are hot, let it cool down before the next test pass. Don't hot lap.