You can type here any text you want

Fired up the car tonight with the new FAST XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OhioC5

Underwear model
I had a few issues at first, it kept stalling as soon as it would start. I noticed there was no MAP reading. So, I ran out and picked a new one up. The car fired right up and idled pretty nice. It's dark, I worked late and don't have time to mess with it tonight. It was a good feeling to hear it run with a new stand alone ECU. I'm pretty excited about working on the tune.

I'm not sure if ProCar is a supporting vendor, but they gave me a start up tune no charge. This was very nice considering a supporting vendor of this site refused to even sell me one. Thanks Chris @ ProCar!

I made a few idle logs for review.

I know at least one supporting vendor that, with the purchase of the system, provides a base tune, & ongoing support.....;)

I'm not sure if ProCar is a supporting vendor, but they gave me a start up tune no charge. This was very nice considering a supporting vendor of this site refused to even sell me one.

No, they are not a supporting vendor. Neither is Summit where you bought the XFI system from. But YES, I am the supporting vendor who didn't sell you the start up program after I saw you bought the adaptor harness, scanmaster and your other performance parts elsewhere, too. Hopefully they explained to you that based on your current level of modifications, an XFI may not be needed.

This week I also refused to do a start up program for two other people who bought systems off of ebay. The funny thing is, our prices are cheaper than Summit and ebay INCLUDING the free tech support.

Hartline Performance has always tried to support the Buick community with racing sponsorship, new products, contingency payouts, supporting our customers at race events, etc... All that being said, we still have the right to refuse to sell to someone, if we choose to.

Cal is the man. I bought a car that already had an xfi that turned out to be from hartline and I bought is xim system from a buddy but since it was his product he helped us out after hours to get the car running. You can duplicate the customer support from Cal. Even though he is far away he does a lot more for us than local tuners. Just my experience.

No, they are not a supporting vendor. Neither is Summit where you bought the XFI system from. But YES, I am the supporting vendor who didn't sell you the start up program after I saw you bought the adaptor harness, scanmaster and your other performance parts elsewhere, too. Hopefully they explained to you that based on your current level of modifications, an XFI may not be needed.

This week I also refused to do a start up program for two other people who bought systems off of ebay. The funny thing is, our prices are cheaper than Summit and ebay INCLUDING the free tech support.

Hartline Performance has always tried to support the Buick community with racing sponsorship, new products, contingency payouts, supporting our customers at race events, etc... All that being said, we still have the right to refuse to sell to someone, if we choose to.
Don't sweat it Cal...the ENTIRE BUICK COMMUNITY has your back. Why some of these guys insist on pinching pennies, while wasting dollars trying to get it to work right is amazing to read.
I could have saved $75-100 bucks buying my BHJ balancer and JW flexplate from Summit instead of Full Throttle, but they need the support. They sell parts for our cars that Summit don't even know exsist. What happens when we don't support vendors and then you really need something...your shit outta luck!!!
SUPPORT THE VENDORS FIRST!!!!
If your that worried about saving a buck...your in the wrong damn hobby anyway. Take up knitting!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I love knitting.

Just about everything I bought for my car has been from a supporting vendor. I had a credit at Summit Racing from the headers I returned. The FAST was the only thing they really sell for the TR. I'm not bashing Cal, don't worry Coach.

I'm not sure if ProCar is a supporting vendor, but they gave me a start up tune no charge. This was very nice considering a supporting vendor of this site refused to even sell me one. Thanks Chris @ ProCar!

This is not bashing Cal? Really?

No, I simply stated a fact. If I stated all of the facts I'm sure to be kicked off the site. How about you just drop it and I'll go back to knitting?

I agree. My comments about supporting the vendors were aimed at every member who reads the thread. I get a half dozen PM's a week from members asking questions about who's product do I think is better. I spend 15-30 mins answering only to find out they went with the cheaper piece. Then I get another PM asking how or why it doesn't fit or work. My reply is simple..." I cannot answer your question because I bought the better one that EVERYBODY on this board already said works." I'm no expert...I read the already supplied info on this forum.
It's common knowledge...FAST XFI = CAL HARTLINE!!! Few other products are that clear cut.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I do compare prices but I can tell you I spent my money with Cal and other supporting vendors for this reason. When I have a question I call and always get help. Its been well over a year since I bought my xfi and when I have a question Cal is there THANKS BUDDY :)

TurboDave said:
NO it isn't
Issue # 1
He never bashed Cal, he didn't even mention him.
Issue # 2
I hate it when people call a vendor and get tech support for hours and even call back multiple times and then spend their money else where. That sucks big time

NO it isn't
Issue # 1
He never bashed Cal, he didn't even mention him.
Issue # 2
I hate it when people call a vendor and get tech support for hours and even call back multiple times and then spend their money else where. That sucks big time

Mention by name...no. Make it a point enough that Cal, himself, responded...well you can play dumb if you like, but everyone knew who he meant. Im not picking on anyone, but this constant rain of negative posts about vendors for the smallest things is totally insane. Some of these guys nit-pick the smallest damn things. The post about Gbody the other day that the guy made and then had it "re-named" because he posted when he was pissed off...that's child's shit. The slamming of Kirban's, a few months ago, over something they were totally innocent of. These dumb ass posts have got to quit.
He could have made a great post about the guy who helped him out and never had to mention "the supporting vendor" part. That was totally a personal shot...and added just for that purpose.

My self if I bought something say used or new that I got a good deal I would at least offer to pay for tech or whatever or would be glad to pay if asked.

I had a few issues at first, it kept stalling as soon as it would start. I noticed there was no MAP reading. So, I ran out and picked a new one up. The car fired right up and idled pretty nice. It's dark, I worked late and don't have time to mess with it tonight. It was a good feeling to hear it run with a new stand alone ECU. I'm pretty excited about working on the tune.

I made a few idle logs for review.

TB.com is a good source for technical info if your stuck, some members have been messing with fast systems for years............

I hope I can to. There very smart people on here. I no I will need help win it comes to this im as dumb as a box of rocks.Electronics blows my mind.

I think some people need to step back...the guy never mentioned Cal and while I am aware that Cal is big into f.a.s.t. stuff on here if you think he's the only supporting vendor here that will sell you an xfi you are mistaken.

Now Cal had something to say and let us know it was it was him but that was his choice and I suspect he can handle himself just fine without other people that aren't involved throwing their 2 cents in.

So far I like it a lot, through the week I only have about an hour a day to tinker with it, my work schedule is pretty hectic. Hoping this weekend to have some time, but it all depends on work. My goals are 10's for this car, I want the ability to see what's happening with my fueling.

I logged a cold start, hot start and a very mild cruise. I wanted to see if my VE table was at least realistic. After adding 10% to all of the cells it appears my 02 correction is within 5%. I noticed it goes fat briefly when I let off the throttle, not bad but I thought it would read lean. The cold start went well until 122 F then is started to surge until it got to temp. Again, haven't had a chance to look at log. I'm hoping it just needs a little fuel in an after start table.

Thanks for asking though.

I think some people need to step back...the guy never mentioned Cal and while I am aware that Cal is big into f.a.s.t. stuff on here if you think he's the only supporting vendor here that will sell you an xfi you are mistaken.

Really? Who else sells XFI start up programs? It was pretty obvious who he meant.

The customer stated:
"I'm not sure if ProCar is a supporting vendor, but they gave me a start up tune no charge. This was very nice considering a supporting vendor of this site refused to even sell me one."

You are correct. I am not the only supporting vendor to sell an xfi. Lately, I've been the one they go to when they can't get the support they need. Obviously, most would prefer I don't post any names. I just sold another start-up program yesterday to a customer on the east coast. Obviously, I need to find out why I'm losing the sale in the first place. It isn't the price. I think I need to work on marketing the product better.

Back