First 1/4 mile pass

good morning everyone so I made my first pass at the track last night after doing some upgrades to my pretty much stock TR that Consist of 6262 turbo front mount 65mm Plenum and throttlebody external wastegate 60 pound injectors Almy control kit , drag radials ,Hotwire kit , and fuel pump with stock converter everything else is pretty much stock I went 12.62 at 112 mph best 60’ of 2.065 I’m just looking for some Opinions I know I need a converter but maybe there’s something im missing

Last edited:
eee9b6e2b1b72ed3b4ba659db53ae3a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A GOOD convertor that matches your turbo will bring your 60's in line. Grab yourself Powerlogger for tuning.

Yea that’s what I was thinking it definitely has bad turbo lag , I’m trying to hold out to get a fast system, I have a 2800 stall converter to go in is there anything else I should do while I have the trans out my budget is kinda tight right now

Yea that’s what I was thinking it definitely has bad turbo lag , I’m trying to hold out to get a fast system, I have a 2800 stall converter to go in is there anything else I should do while I have the trans out my budget is kinda tight right now

You don't need FAST. Do your homework on a GOOD convertor...one with a low slip rate at the traps. PL is the only other thing you need.

You NEED a higher stall converter so you can build boost on the line and cut a better 60'. There's alot left in that combo with a better converter and tune and most of all experience.

You NEED a higher stall converter so you can build boost on the line and cut a better 60'. There's alot left in that combo with a better converter and tune and most of all experience.

Yes I definitely need a converter I was happy to get some numbers to see where I’m at and have a base line

While your at it you should get a well built trans. It's not going to like 11s for long. As soon as I started running 12 flat 2-3 shift got shady on mine. Same for all my friends.

Yes I definitely need a converter I was happy to get some numbers to see where I’m at and have a base line

Like pronto said,you have to leave on boost/power.on the racetrack you should be trying to put down as much power right away as the track/chassis can hold.

Yea the track was in bad shape last night and cold probably one of the last days there going to be open wouldn’t hold 5lbs of boost off the line blew the tires off I’m running 275 60r15’s with 15psi that and bad turbo lag but the Converter is next thanks guys for all the input