First time to race my Buick

BOP4ever

I draw a grand sport c6 vette....has the ram air intake hood sharp car.
I had him till the 1/8 mile then he walked away....
Sad 12.35@117 to 12.50@110..
He left early by a hair not that it mattered really .

Don't feel too bad. 12.50 is pretty good run depending your mods. It's baby steps from here. Keep Tuning and logging and before you know you'll be running a 11's.

Should have to use OD on a 12.50@110 run?
Non lock up converter. My. 5200 shift light came on after the 1/8 mile. So I shifted to OD.

My car runs 11.80 Traps around 118mph @ 5400rpm I usually shift into OD when I let off at the finish. If you are topped out in third gear at the 1/8 mi. That doesn't sound good unless ur car is geared for the 1/8?

After the 1/8 maybe 1000 foot. 26 inch tire. Could my converter be slipping bad up top? Seems really good otherwise. Pulled 88-88 mph in the 1/8 mile.

I also run 26" tire. 90mph 1/8 mi. Hopefully some others will chime in to help out. Converter? How many miles are on the valve springs?

2800 stall 9.5 inch redneck brand converter. Valve springs have less than 3k mikes on them.
Boost was 25 psi.
I have turbo link data from all my runs except my first.

I always had the opinion to never go into overdrive under full throttle. And it seems to me that you should be able to run through the traps and third gear.

My first time slip ever for my Buick.
Is loosing your first race a bad omen?
Lol
I'm number 87, but I guess you could figure that out. I Need about 10 mph more trap speed.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1400430075.652203.jpg

Get the 60' dropped by .5-.6 and your in the high 11's.

Your MPH is possible 11's. Look at my sig....

A good 60' and you would have had him.....turn the boost up !!! LOL

Bryan

Maybe on slicks ! I was leaving at basically zero boost.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you guys are going faster shifting into od then you're converter is eating up all your mph and or the valves are floating. It's a 32% drop into od. With converter unlocked you multiply your eighth mph times 1.25 and your quarter mph should be the answer. If it's less then you're turd balling out the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valve springs are fresh .
That conversion says I should trap about 112 with a tight converter being I was about 89 I the 1/8th.
At 24-25 psi.
Is that decent ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

with a 1.6 60ft and boost at 17# I got 7.61 @ 87-89mph what does ur conv stall at 0 psi?