You can type here any text you want

FL Emission test q&a

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn's suck

Hey guys im from PA and I am going to move to Orlando, FL and I need some help with IM stuff. I currently have Classic Plates which makes me IM exempt in PA. So i need to know are there Classic Plates in FL, or what do you guys do about IM. I have no cat and I run a dump tube with an elec. cut out.
thanks for any leads.

youre in good shape they stopped emission testing years ago. due to so many new cars on the road.

Hey thanks for the input I was not somuch woried about IM, but I just needed to no what to expect. You can always find a loop hole if you no what the standred is lol. I did not want to move down here and get boned. But it looks like IM in the clear. Can not wait to get down there and drive more than 4 nonths out of the year.:cool:

Car needs to be 30 for Antique or Collector plates. No big deal. After you pay the one time impact fee(usually under $200) than a state issued plate runs around $25-30 annually. No property taxes. No IM testing. Go here for more details Official Website Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Don't go to the county tax assessor office to buy new tags. Try one of the independent Tag & Title offices. Way much faster.

You gotta love FL. It's dirt cheap to license stuff down here. The only kicker is they all expire on your birthday. Plus you usually end up paying for it with incresed insurance rates. Lots of dumb azz illegal immigrant drivers down here.:mad:

Back