fluttering in motor

nitrousmike175

I ran my car tonight an it seems to have a miss in it. When ever i stand on it the boost comes up to 21 psi but the motor has a fluttering sound after about 2500 rpm and doesn't want to pull like it should. I'm not getting any KR on the scan master and the o2's are around 700. If anybody can help let me know. If more info is needed let me know and i will post it.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fluttering motor

if you have hi miles could be valvesprings,but its probably an ignition prob ck coilpack,wires & plugs first

Does the boost remain steady or fluctuate? What type of boost control are you using?

The motor is fairly new and it has the little brass bleeder valve in the vaccum line going to the wastegate.

Just a thought

I once bought a new coilpack (KEM brand) and it went south in 3,000 miles. Just a thought. If you do have to get a new one, I would recommend AC Delco replacements.

Ok i need help this car feels like it is hitting a brick wall. Any other suggestions on things to look for.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had what sounds to be the same problem as you and i went straight to the fuel filter and plugs...

everything runs great now.

Hope this helps...

Good Luck :D

Do you have stock injectors? and have you turned the boost down to say like 16 psi to see if it continues?

I currently have the same problem!!!!! Runs smooth in everyday driving (under 12 psi) but when i go to the track, and put some load on it (16+ psi) , it flutters above 3500 rpm's in every gear! Sometimes it flutters so bad it wont even shift! No KR also! Could it be my spark plug gap? I currently have em gapped at 35. Would tightening the gap down to 31 or so help at all.....????? This problem sucks ay guys!

In my case i have MSD 50'S in mine and it was running fine at 20# of boost. Could this be a cam problem or would it rum bad all the time.

Ok i think i might have found something, i checked my bleed valve and it is leaking through not much but it is leaking. Could this be the problem.

UNGN

Does the boost remain steady or fluctuate? What type of boost control are you using?

UNGN,

I'm see an issue similar to what you described. I have a Max effort chip and when I run 18* of timing with more than 22psi I have this problem that has been described by others in this thread. However my boost gauge DOES fluctuates from about 26psi to 22psi.

This also happens when I run 26* of timing and the boost is at about 18-20psi. I too was thinking that my gap should be tighter. Currently I'm at 35 should I gap at 32?

Thanks in advance.
Frank

My plugs have always been set at a tight 35. I did find the intake manifold was leaking but i still don't know if this is the problem yet. If your boost is going up you need to find out why this is happening because you could be leaning the motor out causing it to run bad.

Just a shot in the dark here, but are you sure your knock sensor is hooked up and working properly?? That's a lot of boost for not seeing any knock retard. You could be feeling a lot of retard, but just not seeing it.

I know, it's a SWAG, but stranger things have happened.

Originally posted by TurboDave
Just a shot in the dark here, but are you sure your knock sensor is hooked up and working properly?? That's a lot of boost for not seeing any knock retard. You could be feeling a lot of retard, but just not seeing it.

I know, it's a SWAG, but stranger things have happened.

I hate to sound stupid but where do i find the sensor at. At this point i will try anything.

The knock sensor is located on the extreme rear of the block, basically mounted on the bell housing mounting area. Back there under the coil pack, but further back, on top of the bell housing mounting plate area.

HTH